“Needs more thought” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill - Marco Pierre White

Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill - Marco Pierre White
386 Kings Road | Chelsea, London SW3 5UZ, England (Chelsea)
020 7351 9997
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill - Marco Pierre White is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,380 of 18,003 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Park Walk
Transit: Tube: Sloane Square, Earls Court, South Kensington. Bus: On bus routes that go along Kings Road.
Description: The Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill is a traditional steakhouse in the heart of Chelsea, serving a mouth-watering range of classic steak cuts, as well as a wide variety of timeless English dishes. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, the Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill's glamorous interior is always buzzing, as locals, tourists and celebrities enjoy the finest quality steaks, roast meats and fish mainboards in the area. King's Road Steakhouse & Grill have a large, semi-private table, comfortable for up to 10, adjacent to the sunken bar - the perfect area for a tailored dinner party. The mezzanine is available for parties of up to 24. It overlooks the main room and features soft leather banquettes and beautiful hand-made mirrors.
london
“Needs more thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We bought Groupon vouchers to eat at this restaurant and I was hopeful it would be a very positive experience, given the name of the place and the famous owner. We were served quickly and attentively by staff throughout. We were offered our champagne cocktail (part of the deal) straight away and we enjoyed that and thought it felt like quite a special touch.
I had a rare rib eye steak and my partner had the liver and bacon. His was good. My steak tasted good but was rather stringy and came with just a half tomato and single mushroom. The triple cooked chips were extra at £3.95 but were delicious and the quantity was good - we shared one portion and that was plenty. So far, so good. However, we both opted for Eton Mess for puds and although it looked great, presented in a tall sundae glass, it was virtually all whipped cream with very little fruit or meringue. I love cream but couldn't finish it.
The other thing to mention was that the tables are really crammed together. I had the feeling that all the voucher customers were rammed in together upstairs, but perhaps I'm wrong.
After our visit, we had the chance to buy a discounted meal there again, but decided against going back which speaks volumes.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MPWReservationist, Bookings and Reservations at Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill - Marco Pierre White, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It is great to read that you felt the champagne cocktail was a special touch! We are also glad to read that the liver and bacon was tasty and you both enjoyed the chips!

Our Kings Road Restaurant is a more intimate restaurant and we have no set tables for voucher customers.

We do hope you dine with us again, where I would recommend our East India House Restaurant that is also in London, which is larger and more spacious.

London, United Kingdom
“Is it really a restaurant owned by such a great chef?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was more like a hectic cheap bistro for tourists (but with high prices) where nobody has time for you, you wait ages for your drinks and service, waiting staff don't have much time to notice you. I have written to management about how bad this are here considering the reputation of Marco Pierre White but I got no response (it was over a month ago now). Steaks are actually okay, but the whole rest (service, attention) is a disgrace to the place.

Embarrassing experience that I will definitely not recommend to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MPWReservationist, Bookings and Reservations at Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill - Marco Pierre White, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Kamila,

Thank you for your review and bringing this to our attention.

You should receive an email from our Restaurant Manager very shortly regarding your previous email, which we apologise was not attended to sooner.

London
“Distinctly mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Can't say that my husband and I have just enjoyed a delicious steak even though one might expect that from a Marco Pierre White restaurant named the Steakhouse and Grill! Our ribeyes were more like thin sandwich steaks and certainly didn't require a steak knife. The gloppy Bearnaise sauce did little to amplify the flavour of the meat, nor did the mushroom and tomato garnish do anything for presentation. While some credit must go to the Sticky Toffee Pudding which was a pleasant surprise in an otherwise distinctly mediocre meal, my Eton Mess was aptly named - a mess of too much cream and no fruit. Service staff, while cordial, lacked professionalism forgetting to fill our water glasses or ask if we wanted pepper. Even with the added value of a Groupon voucher, we left wishing we had gone to a gastro pub and suggest anyone reading this review not repeat our mistake!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Its great to read that you enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding! Sorry to see that the steaks were not what you had expected. I do hope you sent these back to the kitchen, where our staff will happily swap any food with a fresh replacement on a no qualms basis.

London, United Kingdom
“Great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I wen hear with a Groupon voucher; I hadn't heard of this place before and I wasn't disappointed. I had a champagne cocktail, steak, cooked potato sides and a sticky toffee pudding. All were good but the steak and dessert were especially good.

I wood go back here.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review and fantastic feedback. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your meal and were especially pleased with the deserts and our fabulous steaks!

Do come visit us again soon.

The Reservations Team
London
“Good steaks, a little disappointing overall...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am rating this 'average' and by that I mean average for a London restaurant in this location and at this price. I treated my husband to an after work meal here in September and we had an enjoyable meal -- fillet and ribeye steaks -- at quite a high price for what they were. I know that London steak restaurants almost ALL seem to charge very high prices (except for our latest find the Fyre Steak and Wine Cafes - see separate review), but it still does not make you feel it's worth it when you get a £60 or £70 bill for two people who do not drink alcohol! I wasn't overly drawn to this restaurant by the Marco Pierre White name, but nevertheless was intrigued. I would say the decor, quite formal table settings and service were worthy of the name, but it is a little incongruous as it's a casual restaurant that looks pretty formal. Desserts were good, and service friendly-ish.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MPWReservationist, Bookings and Reservations at Kings Road Steakhouse & Grill - Marco Pierre White, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We acknowledge all feedback and aim to improve both customers experiences and our service through this.

We are pleased that you found the food enjoyable and the service was friendly.

We do hope to see you visiting us again soon, where we often release promotions offering fantastic discounts.