“a fabulous package” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boundary Rooms & Suites

You added Boundary Rooms & Suites to your Saves list
Boundary Rooms & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-4 Boundary Street, Shoreditch | entrance in Redchurch Street, London E2 7DD, England (Shoreditch)   |
Ranked #273 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“a fabulous package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Designer rooms, a great rooftop bar and a good place to eat... The highlight of the hotel for me is the cool rooftop bar (really quite cool in April, but blankets are provided, and there is an open fireplace to huddle around). We stayed in the duplex Modern Italian suite which had a great bathroom and in keeping with the theme, the room had an Italian coffee making machine and assorted books and magazines about various aspects of Italian style. There were a couple of minor design annoyances (bathroom upstairs, bathrobes downstairs… kettle and coffee-making machine downstairs, only source of water upstairs).. but overall these didn’t detract from the very positive experience. Boundary thoroughly deserves it Pink rating in the neilsonparc Lust List.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Boundary Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your very kind review, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I only live a short ten minute walk away from the Boundary and for long time had been eyeing up the attractive red brick building that sits neatly on my commute to work, dreaming up a scenario that meant I could come and stay. My wife's Birthday presented me with that opportunity. A surprise weekend in London complete with a 1 night stay in room 31 at the Boundary. Being regular day trippers to the Albion cafe, having enjoyed a couple of excellent evenings in the restaurant below, and my wife's Birthday frustratingly falling in the roof terrace off-season, it seemed only right and proper to cane the room service!! We ordered a two tier Fruit de Mer accompanied by some Champagne. Barely able to move after such an enormous seafood feast, we managed waddle over to the couch and selected a film on the Apple TV (I nice touch I thought!) and slumbered the evening away.

In summary, the room decor was great, the service excellent, attention to detail remarkable (including selection books and magazines), clean and I'm always a sucker for a good hotel bathroom. I certainly wasn't let down here!

Now all I need to do is dream up another good excuse for a night in another room, I hear they are all different by design.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and many happy returns.
La Giettaz, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed at The Boundary for 4 nights in December over the weekend of our wedding. As our flat is less than 3 miles away, it did seem a little extravagant but we had a fantastic stay and would thoroughly recommend the hotel, and we would definitely go back.

The service is excellent - every member of staff we met during our stay was extremely friendly and helpful, without any of the pretentiousness you might expect from a London hotel.

We had the Corbusier room, which was extremely comfortable and a lot bigger than it looked from pictures on the hotel website. It had an excellent bathroom, loads of storage space and a great bed.

The location is fantastic, tucked away just off Shoreditch High Street within walking distance of literally hundreds of bars and restaurants, as well as galleries and boutique shops. It's a really interesting area of London and hugely preferable to spending a weekend surrounded by tourists in the West End, for example.

The Albion cafe on the ground floor provided a splendid wedding breakfast and we had a great meal in there on our last night in the hotel. We also ate very well one evening in the Owl & Pussycat pub just along the road from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review, it really is appreciated.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Stopped here for one night on my own, its a a good hotel.
I was warmly welcomed at the door and at the casual reception desk. Check in was very simple and I was shown to my room and given a brief introduction to what you get.
The bedroom was very nicely decorated and spacious. There was a comfortable large double bed, flat tv, air con, tea making and mini bar.
The bathroom was not large but very stylish with a double sink and large shower.
In the evening a member of staff brought a newspaper and ice bucket to my room.

I tried the cafe restaurant which is a casual place serving classic british themed menu. The food and service was excellent and priced reasonably.

I enjoyed my stay here I settled in quickly and felt very relaxed during my stay.

I have a few things that I would ask the hotel to consider for future guests that could make it even better and add more justification to the fairly high price:

The breakfast was very disappointing for the money £13 for toast in a tray without a plate, one tiny portion of jam only and a bowl of museli is not good.
The tea and coffee tray is great with the tea pot and caffetere but it does need decaffinated options, hot chocolate and a range of teas which is now standard in most hotels
It would be nice to get some bottled water in the room.

There was a lot of late night noise from the street outside but I am not sure what they would do about this but it did spoil my sleep.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review Boundary, your feedback is valuable and most welcome. We hope to see you again soon.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I have to say that this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in London. The rooms are a great size, comfortable and clean, bathroom is just amazing and the staff is just superb. All my coleagues that stayed with me were just so impressed with the hotel that they have stated that they will be coming back to this hotel when they are in london next. I can't fault the hotel and the staff at all and YES, I want to come back to this hotel for sure!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Delighted you had an amazing experience, hope to welcome you back soon.
Leigh on Sea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed on a saturday night in a boundary room ... room 13 .. .... well what can I say probably one of the best places i have stayed ... Great location for where we wanted to go ... great friendly staff .......Large room and very modern and clean .......... Lovely turn down treats ................ We arrived back late and the Albion Restuarant accomodated us .... amazing food .. great service and sent the remainder of our wine to our room ! Perfect .... V modern.... V Stylish ..... Lots of room (V Rare ) ...............

Only down side our room was opposite the laundry room ??? not sure ... I can sleep through an explosion ( I know this cos I have ) however my hubby struggled as there was this droaning all night!!! he heard doors cars etc ............... Me i heard nothing

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We look forward to welcoming you back really soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Loved my stay at this hotel. Stayed in the Scandinavian room, it was beautifully designed, the choice of lighting options was great. It was a great big room with a huge wetroom shower. Loved having the music play through to the bathroom, the Ren products in the bathroom, ipod dock, lovely like new dressing gowns, the fresh milk in the fridge, the great coffee... i could go on.. .. The hotel was great if you were on business but they had made little touches for a romantic couple like us with the lovers guide and encouragement to shower together that made it fab. We were chuffed to get cake as part of the turn down service. Had an amazing and very good value sunday lunch there. I was dreaming of living there forever and looked up how much it'd be to stay for xmas as soon as I got home. I'd recommend this place to everyone who wants to have a luxury stay. It was a pure joy. It was a five minute walk to old street. I live in london but this wasn't an area I know so it was like a holiday in a different town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing comments, we really do appreciate them.

Been to Boundary Rooms & Suites? Share your experiences!