“excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Presidential Apartments Kensington

You added Presidential Apartments Kensington to your Saves list
Presidential Apartments Kensington
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6-12 Barkston Gardens | Kensington, London SW5 OEN, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #79 of 663 Specialty Lodging in London
hong kong
“excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I've just been back from London .My stay in this apartment is great.I've booked the luxury 1 bedroom flat directly with the hotel website.
Pros: good location, spacious living and dinning room.Open kitchen with adequate utensils for basic home cooking.You can go the M and S for the fast cooking food .They change the towel ( but not linen)and have maid service every day when compare to other service apartment.
Cons : If your room is facing the Youth hostel side then you will hear the street noise.Even though , my bedroom is facing the otherside , then you will feel the train noise from the Earls Court station.So if you are a light sleeper, the noise may be an issue for you.Also, beware that some apartmets are in the basement.I live on the 2nd floor .I feel perfect for this apartment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Treviso, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

This is quite a reasonable place , good location next to Earl's Court underground. The most important thing to say is that the cleaning was excelent; and this is a great thing when renting an apartment. I basically found two weaknesses: staff at reception was generally okay, but there was a man who need some serious training; I think he'd better look for a job in a foundry or something similar. But I found extremely ridiculous that, after booking teh most expensive apartment (one-bedroom apartment with balcony, de luxe blablabla...) and specifying that we were two adults and two kids of 12 and 10 years old, we've been given linens for the kids only for a sofabed that couldn't fit both kids; simply very small, possibly one meter wide. We found that there was another very small sofabed and thought this could be a fair solution for a few nights, and went to ask for additional linens: I've been charged GBP 20.00 additional per day (!!!) after booking an apartment for 4 persons and pay GBP 265.00 per day This makes all looking miserable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Presk, Manager at Presidential Apartments Kensington, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the clealiness of the apartment. With regards to the extra charge please be advised we do advertise on the website that if the second sofa bed is used then we charge £20.00 extra per night. The double size sofa bed can accommodate two kids under 12 years of age as general rule.
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Be careful when booking here. While their information indicated the room was fully refundable within 48 hours of arrival, once the credit card information was entered and the room was booked, the room instantly became non-refundable. When my family decided that, in good conscience, it could not travel to London with kids during the terror travel warnings period in October and we tried to re-schedule the trip to the Spring, we were told our room was non-refundable and we could not change the dates without paying a new room charges. While I can accept taking a risk when booking a room that is diclosed upfront to be non-refundable, it is illegal and immoral to disclose a room as being non-refundable AFTER booking.

• Stayed October 2010
Presk, Manager at Presidential Apartments Kensington, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for your review on our Apartments. We are sorry to hear about your confusion with the booking. If a non refundable rate is chosen the word Non Refundable is clearly displayed next to the type of Apartment chosen or next to the offer chosen depending from the website used. We always stress our third party agents to clearly mark it. I have looked on all the website we advertise and it’s clearly displayed.
We hope to see you next time in our Apartments.
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Finding a decent hotel in London seemed, based on previous experience, a difficult exercice, but we did not regret our choice. The location is very close to the tube, quiet and safe,and although we arrived in the middle of the night, we were upgraded to a larger apartment for the same price. The apartment was fairly well-equipped, though you have sometimes to look for things (especially sockets, but also kitchenware). The place looks like it has been recently refurbished with style.The only slight issue we had was to lower the temperature in the room, but in January you mostly worry about the opposite situation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

The Presidential Apartments in Kensington are an excellent place to stay. Staying with my family including an infant child, we had what is presumably among the larger of the apartments as that was all that was left for the dates we wanted. It is understandable that this is busy because the value for the area is good, the amentities are useful, and the location is outstanding.

Being only a couple of minutes walk from Earl's Court station makes any of the places to stay on Barkston Gardens very convenient. There are plenty of shops on Earls Court Road so full use of the various appliances can be taken advantage of. It is so much better to have kitchen facilities than it is to be in a hotel for us with a young child. The various appliances all worked and my wife was particularly taken with the selection of teas laid on.

The rooms are spacious enough for us to have had guests round and while not the height of luxury, give a decent stay. One slight quibble is with the thickness of the windows which appear to be single glazed and for those unused to the sounds of London including the Tube, it might be off-putting to hear the Picadilly Line frequently. The cleanliness was good but not outstanding.

Service was good and Nikita on the front desk was particularly friendly. There were no problems with me asking for the bus boy/handyman to come and sort out the washing machine at 7am though all that was needed was for the door to be shut more vigorously.

The one thing I absolutely would not recommend is using the cab firm they default to. Executive Cars were very happy to take me to my destination but not at all happy to take me back - fine, their prerogative and perhaps my tip must have been too small. Not being returned by them meant that I had to find another cab firm and I did that - turns out Executive Cars are 50% more expensive than the generic alternative. Don't use them and instead find another cab number for yourself.

Presidential Apartments was a great choice for us and should the need arise for us again, we will look their way first.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have recently stayed at Presidential Apartments in Kensington, and I really enjoyed it. Even though was short trip I felt like I was at home, as I did have my own kitchen, diswahser and a washing machine, very usefull as I was coming from another trip and i would have had to wash by hand.....mhhhhhh.... the staff was friendlly always happy. I can imagine it would be great for business people to stay in a place like that as you have got more space than an hotel room and you can eat real food not take away....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I spent 2 weeks here for a business trip. The location was fantastic. It's on a quiet street with a lovely private garden across the road. It was less than 5 minutes to the Earl's Court tube station, which has 3 lines. I stayed in a studio apartment, and I wouldn't recommend it for more than a few days. It was really quite small and cramped. It's also on the lowest level of the building. Even though there was a door with a tiny patio, you don't get any real natural light and the noise from above carries through. The apartment was very clean, and I appreciated the regular housekeeping. I particularly liked the shower, which had very hot water and very good water pressure. The bed was a little uncomfortable because it was 2 small bed of uneven thickness pushed together. I could feel exactly where one mattress ended and the next began. The biggest problem that I had was very noisy upstairs neighbors. I could hear every footstep, every cabinet door close and they carried on until the early hours. I would definitely stay here again, but would upgrade to the one bedroom apartment unless the stay is just for a few days.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Presidential Apartments Kensington? Share your experiences!