“Steak & Fries - Simple but effective” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Relais De Venise - Marylebone

Le Relais De Venise - Marylebone
120 Marylebone Lane, London W1U 2QG, England (Marylebone)
020 7486 0878
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,524 of 17,940 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Marylebone
London, United Kingdom
“Steak & Fries - Simple but effective”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

So you can't book, there's no menu and you have a walnut salad to start and 2 portions of steak and chips for a main. This won't be for everyone but if this if you go in knowing what this place is about you will not be disappointed. The steak was delicious as was the Walnut salad with a really nice dressing to start. The red wine was reccomended to us and complemented the steak perfectly. The staff however let the place down. She took my salad away before I'd even finished and I had to ask her to leave it. Then she plonked down the steaks for my guests when they were still on their starter which was pretty rude. However there was a great buzz in the place, the food came out quickly and if you like steak and chips - what's not to enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ballymena, Co Antrim Uk
“Outstanding. Pity you can't book.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We queued for an hour to get in.
We always visit when over from Ireland as the sauce they use is the culinary equivalent of heroin.
Its brilliant but the wait can be daunting.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
london
“Best restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Would def recommend fab food and house red wine, about £70 for two which is excellent for London. Staff excellent, it's a real experience. Going to try the canary wharf one too as they are doing a special 50% off entire bill until 26th jan 2013.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
uk
“Marylebone restaurant closed for refurbishment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Last night I visited the restaurant in Marylebone with some friends to celebrate my 60th birthday. What a disappointment to find it closed for refurbishment not to mention the inconvenience to my friends and some embarrassment. After some delay we regrouped at the City Entrecote but by that time the gloss had gone of the evening. For the record the food was fine, the service unsmiling and the house wine disappointing.

The most annoying thing is that there is no notice on the Entrecote website which I had visited the day before to check opening times.

There was almost no apology when we knocked on the door and it took five minutes to get a piece of paper with the address of the City restaurant for us.

The Entrecote had a fine tradition but they are doomed if they don't start putting their customers first.

My ratings reflect our experience of the two restaurants we visited. I rated the food as average to take into account the poor quality of the house wine, which by the way I have previously enjoyed on earlier visits.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been a loyal customer of Entrecôte-style brasseries since I was a child, so finding out that one of these exists in London was a delight! The salad and the beef are both amazing, and the house wine is worth checking out. I've even been here with my kid brothers—and as it turns out, the restaurant's quite willing to serve the meat without the herb sauce (heresy!). If the meal doesn't leave you fully satisfied, though, I'd recommend going elsewhere for desserts; theirs are nothing to write home about. (No reservations accepted!)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere