I stayed at the apartments for 2 nights at the end of March, 2013. I chose a different hotel under the same group but was offered Fountain House instead since the former was full. I was initially pretty hesitant about the property, based on the mixed reviews I read in Tripadvisor since the reviews were mostly negative.
However, my hesitation was unfounded as my stay turned out to be pleasant. The apartments were very functional, with separate living/dining rooms and bedrooms. It was spacious, a point which i was concerned after having experienced London's notoriously tiny hotel rooms. The beds were comfortable. The kitchen and bathrooms were spanking new and very clean and bright. There were adequate heaters throughout the unit, an important feature especially during that week when temperature was almost zero. The only complaint I have with the unit was the carpeting which looked and felt old and jaded.
The reception was always present, although we didn't really need much help. The location is superb as the entrance to Kensington Park was literally across the road. The Lancaster Gate underground station was also across the road, less than a minute's walk.
Overall, it was a very functional apartment with generous space in a superb location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lux-ury Ser-viced Apart-ments in Bayswa-ter: if a cen-tral Lon-don loca-tion, good trans-port links and mag-nif-i-cent views of Hyde Park appeal to you, then look no fur-ther. Foun-tain House is a beau-ti-ful prop-erty offer-ing 17 ser-viced apart-ments sit-u-ated right across the road from Hyde Park (oppo-site Lan-caster Gate tube sta-tion) and within min-utes from Padding-ton Sta-tion and the Heathrow Express. This is the per-fect base from which to explore and enjoy the cap-i-tal with London's many attrac-tions close by. Foun-tain House is close to the shop-ping hub of Oxford Street, world-famous restau-rants of Queensway, fash-ion-able Not-ting Hill, Edge-ware Road and con-ve-nient trans-port links are on the doorstep. All the apart-ments are designed for com-fort and equipped with mod-ern ameni-ties, includ-ing broad-band, satel-lite tele-vi-sion, fully-fitted Kitchens and 24-hour mon-i-tored secu-rity by Recep-tion desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Fountain House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel London
- Fountain House Apartments London, England