I stayed at the apartments for 2 nights at the end of March, 2013. I chose a different hotel under the same group but was offered Fountain House instead since the former was full. I was initially pretty hesitant about the property, based on the mixed reviews I read in Tripadvisor since the reviews were mostly negative.
However, my hesitation was unfounded as my stay turned out to be pleasant. The apartments were very functional, with separate living/dining rooms and bedrooms. It was spacious, a point which i was concerned after having experienced London's notoriously tiny hotel rooms. The beds were comfortable. The kitchen and bathrooms were spanking new and very clean and bright. There were adequate heaters throughout the unit, an important feature especially during that week when temperature was almost zero. The only complaint I have with the unit was the carpeting which looked and felt old and jaded.
The reception was always present, although we didn't really need much help. The location is superb as the entrance to Kensington Park was literally across the road. The Lancaster Gate underground station was also across the road, less than a minute's walk.
Overall, it was a very functional apartment with generous space in a superb location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Space, freedom and easy access. If a central London location with good transport links and magnificent views of Hyde Park and the city appeal to you, look no further. Fountain House is a beautiful property offering 18 serviced apartments right across the road from Hyde Park and within minutes from Paddington Station and its Heathrow Express. This is the perfect base from which to take off and explore the best of the capital’s premier spots. Apart from the many famous attractions of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, Fountain House is close to the shopping hub of Oxford Street, world-famous restaurants of Queen’s Way and fashionable Notting Hill with its Portobello Street Market. All apartments are equipped with modern amenities, including broadband, satellite television and 24-hour monitored security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, CityZen and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Fountain House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel London
- Fountain House Apartments London, England