We stayed at Fountain House for one week In January. We arrived early, with loads of luggage and Hamzah at the front desk was extremely helpful. Throughout our whole stay, he was always willing to go out of his way to help. He kindly upgraded our room at no extra cost. We stayed in apartment number 5. The lift is tiny but the stairs are only a couple of flights. The apartment was recently upgraded and included a lovely kitchen and washing machine. The rooms were all very clean and of a good size. Plenty of closet space although the main bedroom is a bit tight to access as there is a king size bed here. The living room is very comfortable with a dining table included.
Our apartment looked right out over Hyde Park and Lancaster Gate underground station is literally across the road as well as the bus stop right in front.
Just a couple of things that can be improved. The kitchen is adequately stocked but could do with a few more items like salad bowls, serving dishes etc. Also, maybe a few condiments like salt, pepper and sugar would be a nice touch.
The electricity is powered by the card slot (like hotel rooms) which is turned off after the cleaners leave. If you need the power left on, just let them know. They are happy to oblige.
- Also Known As:
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel London
- Fountain House Apartments London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Space, freedom and easy access. If a central London location with good transport links and magnificent views of Hyde Park and the city appeal to you, look no further. Fountain House is a beautiful property offering 18 serviced apartments right across the road from Hyde Park and within minutes from Paddington Station and its Heathrow Express. This is the perfect base from which to take off and explore the best of the capital’s premier spots. Apart from the many famous attractions of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, Fountain House is close to the shopping hub of Oxford Street, world-famous restaurants of Queen’s Way and fashionable Notting Hill with its Portobello Street Market. All apartments are equipped with modern amenities, including broadband, satellite television and 24-hour monitored security. ... more less