We spent a week over Thanksging in apartment #8. These could be fabulous apartments with just a few improvements. Ventilation fans in the bathroom would prevent all the peeling paint. Some paint color on the walls would add some interest and highlight the architectural details. There are no table or floor lamps - only overhead lights. The walls are completely bare - some lovely artwork on the walls would have made it feel more finished. A coat tree or wall hooks near the front door would have been welcome.
The kitchen has been recently remodeled and it is fully fitted, but not stocked well. There were 19 kitchen knives of all sizes, but not a single spatula, corkscrew, or serving spoon. 12 different frying pans, but no lids to fit any of the pots and no colander. I've never stayed in an apartment that didn't come supplied with basic spices (salt, pepper, sugar).
The bathroom is huge and there was plenty of hot water for showers. The tile is sophisticated and well done. Bad ventilation has caused the paint to peel very badly making the place feel cheap and dirty.
The beds are hard, but springy and not uncomfortable. We all slept well. The white sheets and duvets were spotless. It would have been nice to have night stands with bedside lighting. The supplied lamp did not work. A dresser in the master bedroom would also have been an improvement.
The living room is odd. There are two fold-out sofabeds facing each other. This layout makes it completely impossible to open either one. A glass coffee table between the sofas further complicates the layout and creates a hazard which we all banged into many times. There is also a large dining table that is difficult to sit around in the tiny room. The sofabeds are FILTHY and badly in need of replacement. We placed bath towels on them before sitting. Again, no floor or table lighting makes this a difficult room in which to spend any time.
The washer/dryer was the main reason we chose to stay here, but it would not drain or dry our clothes. The housekeeping staff graciously washed and dryed our laundry for us. Several complaints to the front desk did not result in any attempt to determine the problem with the washer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lux-ury Ser-viced Apart-ments in Bayswa-ter: if a cen-tral Lon-don loca-tion, good trans-port links and mag-nif-i-cent views of Hyde Park appeal to you, then look no fur-ther. Foun-tain House is a beau-ti-ful prop-erty offer-ing 17 ser-viced apart-ments sit-u-ated right across the road from Hyde Park (oppo-site Lan-caster Gate tube sta-tion) and within min-utes from Padding-ton Sta-tion and the Heathrow Express. This is the per-fect base from which to explore and enjoy the cap-i-tal with London's many attrac-tions close by. Foun-tain House is close to the shop-ping hub of Oxford Street, world-famous restau-rants of Queensway, fash-ion-able Not-ting Hill, Edge-ware Road and con-ve-nient trans-port links are on the doorstep. All the apart-ments are designed for com-fort and equipped with mod-ern ameni-ties, includ-ing broad-band, satel-lite tele-vi-sion, fully-fitted Kitchens and 24-hour mon-i-tored secu-rity by Recep-tion desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, CityZen and Odigeo so you can book your Fountain House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel London
- Fountain House Apartments London, England