We spent a week over Thanksging in apartment #8. These could be fabulous apartments with just a few improvements. Ventilation fans in the bathroom would prevent all the peeling paint. Some paint color on the walls would add some interest and highlight the architectural details. There are no table or floor lamps - only overhead lights. The walls are completely bare - some lovely artwork on the walls would have made it feel more finished. A coat tree or wall hooks near the front door would have been welcome.
The kitchen has been recently remodeled and it is fully fitted, but not stocked well. There were 19 kitchen knives of all sizes, but not a single spatula, corkscrew, or serving spoon. 12 different frying pans, but no lids to fit any of the pots and no colander. I've never stayed in an apartment that didn't come supplied with basic spices (salt, pepper, sugar).
The bathroom is huge and there was plenty of hot water for showers. The tile is sophisticated and well done. Bad ventilation has caused the paint to peel very badly making the place feel cheap and dirty.
The beds are hard, but springy and not uncomfortable. We all slept well. The white sheets and duvets were spotless. It would have been nice to have night stands with bedside lighting. The supplied lamp did not work. A dresser in the master bedroom would also have been an improvement.
The living room is odd. There are two fold-out sofabeds facing each other. This layout makes it completely impossible to open either one. A glass coffee table between the sofas further complicates the layout and creates a hazard which we all banged into many times. There is also a large dining table that is difficult to sit around in the tiny room. The sofabeds are FILTHY and badly in need of replacement. We placed bath towels on them before sitting. Again, no floor or table lighting makes this a difficult room in which to spend any time.
The washer/dryer was the main reason we chose to stay here, but it would not drain or dry our clothes. The housekeeping staff graciously washed and dryed our laundry for us. Several complaints to the front desk did not result in any attempt to determine the problem with the washer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Space, freedom and easy access. If a central London location with good transport links and magnificent views of Hyde Park and the city appeal to you, look no further. Fountain House is a beautiful property offering 18 serviced apartments right across the road from Hyde Park and within minutes from Paddington Station and its Heathrow Express. This is the perfect base from which to take off and explore the best of the capital’s premier spots. Apart from the many famous attractions of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, Fountain House is close to the shopping hub of Oxford Street, world-famous restaurants of Queen’s Way and fashionable Notting Hill with its Portobello Street Market. All apartments are equipped with modern amenities, including broadband, satellite television and 24-hour monitored security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, CityZen and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Fountain House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel London
- Fountain House Apartments London, England