“Great Trip Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fountain House Apartments

You added Fountain House Apartments to your Saves list
Fountain House Apartments
1, Lancaster terrace, London W2 3PF, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #322 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great Trip Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visit London 2 weeks ago. Stay with my kids in fountain house was a great experience and excellent hospitality. Now I know that London people and very kind and friendly. We rented 2 bed rooms apt which was facing towards Hyde Park....when the sun come up every morning a very gentle breeze will fill the apt with fragrance of flower and fresh air.
Apt was excellent and rooms were cleans and staff was very friendly and helpful...during the stay we were feeling like at home.
Me and my kids enjoy our week of stay in London and have lots of fun.We will remember it for ever.

Room Tip: I like my 2 bed rooms Apt 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
Islamabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We are a family of 5, we stayed in a 2 bedroom Superior apartment at Fountain House, we stayed end of August for 1 week. , the staff were very good and helpful.

Flat was nicely decorated and clean, Apartment had a good view to Hyde Park which is really a beautiful place and all you have to do is to leave the building

and cross over the street and you are there at Hyde Park, so many Bus Routes and also the Metro station is again across the street

Price is very reasonable, Location is fantastic, Service and Staff are friendly, the apartment itself is very nice and has A.C.

My other sister lives in America and next year we will meet in London hopefully at Fountain house.

Maid service is daily except Sunday. Just to say thank you for the good time we had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I rented a 2 bedroom apartment for a week specifically paying for a "superior newly refurbished". Both qualifications are subjective but my impression is that the latest refurbishment has been done several years ago to say the least. Pictures have nothing to do with reality. I checked in and when I got to see the apartment I went down to look for an alternative. Unfortunately, they charged me the full amount in advance so I had to stayed with the same with Maykenbel Properties. They offered me an alternative 3 bedroom in a much better property. I asked and they told me it was refurbished two years ago and it was in very good condition. Obviously, I had to pay 50% more but I had no alternative as I had to find housing asap. My advice is try the best to have someone of your trust to review these properties before renting. Staff was kind, I have to acknowledge that.

Room Tip: Check it for yourself before you rent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed with my family of 6 (me, my wife and 4 children), at the Fountain House Apartments (#1 Lancaster Terrace, London) during the period 2 - 18 July 2012 (around 3 weeks). We stayed in a 3 bed room apartment # 307, and our experience was great from all aspects. The location is strategically superb, across the road from Hyde Park gate, within walking distance to all facilities and supermarkets. Within walking distance to Oxford St, Edgward Road, Marble Arch, and many other fascinating areas. The immediate neighborhood is great and friendly. Immediately adjacent to underground station and bus station. The apartment itself was very comfortable, the rooms were very well furnished and clean, the houskeeping service was superb, the kitchen was fully equipped and spacious, and most of all it had a spectacular view of the park.
Most important aspect contributing to my and my family's satisfaction during our holiday stay in Fountain House London, was the courteous and superbly hepful staff managing the apartment building. We enjoyed beautiful reception and always ready to assist response by all. I'd like to mention a specific incident that really touched me and my family in a very positive way. One day, my 19 years old daughter fell while jogging in the park and injured her knee. When I sked the lady at reception Ms Taraneh for directions to the nearest pharmacy or medical center, first of all she offered her direct personal assistance in providing first aid assistance, and secondly when I (being a protective father) still wished to see further medical attention (despite the wound being superficial), she did not only suffice by giving me directions, but walked with us to the pharmacy and clinic next block. This is what I call going beyond the call of duty, Many thanks Ms Taraneh. Many thanks also to Mr Alex and the rest of the team all of whom ewere always courteous and helpful. After all it's not only buildings and facilities that make excellent experiences, but certainly the professional humans behind running them. Thanks again and I would certainly go again to this place during my next holidays with the family, and have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody. Best regards, (Samir)

Room Tip: Apartments with view to the park ..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

we stayed for about two weeks in which it was myself and my parents and i can say its a really an excellent apartment regarding location as almost everything within reach, buses, underground, as well as the hyde park in which its just opposite to it. restaurants and supermarkets are just few walking distance . now about the apartment, the rooms are really good in which we stayed in a two rooms apartment , the rooms were clean and comfortable. nice kitchen fully equipment and the dining room with good view . the service and the cleaning stuff were cooperative and really helpful . we really loved staying in the Fountain house and definitely id recommend a stay as we will stay at the same apartment next year .

Room Tip: well to be honest i have checked out all the rooms and they are all really good and it only depends...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks in June with our two young children and just loved our time there. We had spent the first week of our time in London in a hotel, so moving to this fully equipped three bedroom apartment was a dream. Literally across the street from Hyde Park, the Lancaster Gate tube station, a ten minute walk from Paddington Station, a Sainsburys and a Waitrose... Just wonderful. The management also went out of their way to appoint the apartment with a crib and a high chair for our girls, and they were very helpful with check-out requests. Roomy bedrooms and moderpn decor, and daily servicing of the apartment. Would stay again, anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The location and service are excellent. The rooms are clean and front desk are very helpful

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fountain House Apartments? Share your experiences!