“Arrived, checked and moved to another place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fountain House Apartments

Save Saved
You added Fountain House Apartments to your Saves list
Fountain House Apartments
1, Lancaster terrace, London W2 3PF, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #330 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Arrived, checked and moved to another place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I rented a 2 bedroom apartment for a week specifically paying for a "superior newly refurbished". Both qualifications are subjective but my impression is that the latest refurbishment has been done several years ago to say the least. Pictures have nothing to do with reality. I checked in and when I got to see the apartment I went down to look for an alternative. Unfortunately, they charged me the full amount in advance so I had to stayed with the same with Maykenbel Properties. They offered me an alternative 3 bedroom in a much better property. I asked and they told me it was refurbished two years ago and it was in very good condition. Obviously, I had to pay 50% more but I had no alternative as I had to find housing asap. My advice is try the best to have someone of your trust to review these properties before renting. Staff was kind, I have to acknowledge that.

Room Tip: Check it for yourself before you rent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed with my family of 6 (me, my wife and 4 children), at the Fountain House Apartments (#1 Lancaster Terrace, London) during the period 2 - 18 July 2012 (around 3 weeks). We stayed in a 3 bed room apartment # 307, and our experience was great from all aspects. The location is strategically superb, across the road from Hyde Park gate, within walking distance to all facilities and supermarkets. Within walking distance to Oxford St, Edgward Road, Marble Arch, and many other fascinating areas. The immediate neighborhood is great and friendly. Immediately adjacent to underground station and bus station. The apartment itself was very comfortable, the rooms were very well furnished and clean, the houskeeping service was superb, the kitchen was fully equipped and spacious, and most of all it had a spectacular view of the park.
Most important aspect contributing to my and my family's satisfaction during our holiday stay in Fountain House London, was the courteous and superbly hepful staff managing the apartment building. We enjoyed beautiful reception and always ready to assist response by all. I'd like to mention a specific incident that really touched me and my family in a very positive way. One day, my 19 years old daughter fell while jogging in the park and injured her knee. When I sked the lady at reception Ms Taraneh for directions to the nearest pharmacy or medical center, first of all she offered her direct personal assistance in providing first aid assistance, and secondly when I (being a protective father) still wished to see further medical attention (despite the wound being superficial), she did not only suffice by giving me directions, but walked with us to the pharmacy and clinic next block. This is what I call going beyond the call of duty, Many thanks Ms Taraneh. Many thanks also to Mr Alex and the rest of the team all of whom ewere always courteous and helpful. After all it's not only buildings and facilities that make excellent experiences, but certainly the professional humans behind running them. Thanks again and I would certainly go again to this place during my next holidays with the family, and have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody. Best regards, (Samir)

Room Tip: Apartments with view to the park ..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

we stayed for about two weeks in which it was myself and my parents and i can say its a really an excellent apartment regarding location as almost everything within reach, buses, underground, as well as the hyde park in which its just opposite to it. restaurants and supermarkets are just few walking distance . now about the apartment, the rooms are really good in which we stayed in a two rooms apartment , the rooms were clean and comfortable. nice kitchen fully equipment and the dining room with good view . the service and the cleaning stuff were cooperative and really helpful . we really loved staying in the Fountain house and definitely id recommend a stay as we will stay at the same apartment next year .

Room Tip: well to be honest i have checked out all the rooms and they are all really good and it only depends...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks in June with our two young children and just loved our time there. We had spent the first week of our time in London in a hotel, so moving to this fully equipped three bedroom apartment was a dream. Literally across the street from Hyde Park, the Lancaster Gate tube station, a ten minute walk from Paddington Station, a Sainsburys and a Waitrose... Just wonderful. The management also went out of their way to appoint the apartment with a crib and a high chair for our girls, and they were very helpful with check-out requests. Roomy bedrooms and moderpn decor, and daily servicing of the apartment. Would stay again, anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The location and service are excellent. The rooms are clean and front desk are very helpful

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed with my husband and my daughter in a 2 bedroom standard apartment and my sister and family in one of their 3 bedroom superior apartments. Our standard apartment was nice and very warm and comfortable, nice kitchen, new carpets and new curtains which was a relief because of the review we had read on tripadvisor

Kitchen was nice, they have a daily housekeeping service, we loved the location, Hyde Park is just across the street and metro station and bus services outside the door.
We thought it was very good value for money, lift was small but we didn’t mind, my sisters superior
3 bedroom Apartment had all refurbished very nice furniture and directly looking in to Hyde Park and the Lake. We liked our apartments and had a very good time staying there.

We will go back for sure!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

During our stay in London, we had reserved a 3 bedroom apartment overlooking Hyde parrk. On the downside, the lift was not very big but this was not a major problem as the apartment itself was very nice and comfortable with facilites of a good standard.
Our apartment was on the second floor, overlooking Hyde Park with a fantastic view of the Park and the lake.
The master bedroom had an en-suite and there was a separate shower rooom as well as a good sized kitchen which was well equipped and clean. The service also included a maid who used to arrive daily to clean up.
The apartment was situated in a convenient location as there was access to bus routes and the underground just opposite the building.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay in this apartment considering we had read some negative reviews. However, it was a nice apartment and we really enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be staying here again next time we visit. I have recommended it to all my family and friends who are planning to visit London.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fountain House Apartments? Share your experiences!