I stayed with my family of 6 (me, my wife and 4 children), at the Fountain House Apartments (#1 Lancaster Terrace, London) during the period 2 - 18 July 2012 (around 3 weeks). We stayed in a 3 bed room apartment # 307, and our experience was great from all aspects. The location is strategically superb, across the road from Hyde Park gate, within walking distance to all facilities and supermarkets. Within walking distance to Oxford St, Edgward Road, Marble Arch, and many other fascinating areas. The immediate neighborhood is great and friendly. Immediately adjacent to underground station and bus station. The apartment itself was very comfortable, the rooms were very well furnished and clean, the houskeeping service was superb, the kitchen was fully equipped and spacious, and most of all it had a spectacular view of the park.
Most important aspect contributing to my and my family's satisfaction during our holiday stay in Fountain House London, was the courteous and superbly hepful staff managing the apartment building. We enjoyed beautiful reception and always ready to assist response by all. I'd like to mention a specific incident that really touched me and my family in a very positive way. One day, my 19 years old daughter fell while jogging in the park and injured her knee. When I sked the lady at reception Ms Taraneh for directions to the nearest pharmacy or medical center, first of all she offered her direct personal assistance in providing first aid assistance, and secondly when I (being a protective father) still wished to see further medical attention (despite the wound being superficial), she did not only suffice by giving me directions, but walked with us to the pharmacy and clinic next block. This is what I call going beyond the call of duty, Many thanks Ms Taraneh. Many thanks also to Mr Alex and the rest of the team all of whom ewere always courteous and helpful. After all it's not only buildings and facilities that make excellent experiences, but certainly the professional humans behind running them. Thanks again and I would certainly go again to this place during my next holidays with the family, and have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody. Best regards, (Samir)
- Also Known As:
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel London
- Fountain House Apartments Hotel
- Fountain House Apartments London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Space, freedom and easy access. If a central London location with good transport links and magnificent views of Hyde Park and the city appeal to you, look no further. Fountain House is a beautiful property offering 18 serviced apartments right across the road from Hyde Park and within minutes from Paddington Station and its Heathrow Express. This is the perfect base from which to take off and explore the best of the capital’s premier spots. Apart from the many famous attractions of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, Fountain House is close to the shopping hub of Oxford Street, world-famous restaurants of Queen’s Way and fashionable Notting Hill with its Portobello Street Market. All apartments are equipped with modern amenities, including broadband, satellite television and 24-hour monitored security. ... more less