“our stay at elmwood” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elmwood Hotel

You added Elmwood Hotel to your Saves list
Elmwood Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   19 Argyle square | Kings cross London, London WC1 H8AS, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #326 of 524 London B&B and Inns
London
“our stay at elmwood”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

They are friendly, strange way for breakfast, but for the price we payed oke.
The bed is way to small, the bathroom wasnt very clean! even the soap was dirty...
We had to pay extra cos we stocked 1 bag for a few hours.
The room was very warm the first day second day was the heating off.
Verry near the metro and trainstation is a plus!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Elmwood hotel in London.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your very positive Comments posted in the survey towards the Elmwood staff & service. we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Elmwood Hotel we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
John Girgis Hotel manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Colchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Firstly we arrived, the staff were rude. They didnt act proffessional and weren't attentive at all. We got our room key and we were told information after asking for it.

The room was suppos to be for two people, might as well bye single bedroom as it was so compact. the tv was average but the kettle took 10 MINUTES to boil. The room was absolutely freezing and we had to ask 4 TIMES for them to turn it on and then he came twisted knobs and said it will take 5 minutes; ip we wanted 30minutes and then he came up to bleed the radiators that went hot in a flash.

At 6 in the morning I could here people bashing about outside, the bed was so uncomfortable and itchy! The shower didnt work properly and just sincerely disappointed as it was a special couple days with an old friend,

WASTE OF MONEY! I told the staff member at the desk about this and all I got was a shrug.

I work I. Hotels and must say this is disgusting behaviour and would say GO to a different ne.

Room Tip: Dont go if you can go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MrHolland, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear guest, Firstly, I would like to extend my deep apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay,
I'm concerned with all what you have mentioned and would like to assure you that all mentioned will be subject to a detailed investigation and study, not to have this repeated again to you or any of our esteemed guests in the future. I hope that you allow us making it right this time and contact me on my below mentioned e-mail at your convenience. John Girgis info@elmwoodhotek.co.uk
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Elmwood Hotel was exactly what we wanted & in the location I wanted for the tourist stuff I wanted to do in London. Highly recommended and will stay again.

Please realise what you are paying for and do not expect a 5 Star experience. You want the 5 Star experience get your money out and pay for it.

Anyone whinging about the breakfast should get a reality check seeing as I bet they don’t have nothing but tea & toast at home. The breakfast is like Goldilocks once said “Just right…”, having said that there was no porridge. Gawd who wants porridge sloshing about in your belly then have to slog it round London?

The rooms are compact & bijou, clean & warm. We were there in January 2013 – Brrrrrr outside, great inside the room.

The only downside is the ignorance of other guests who leave the light & extractor fan on at night. I’d advice a small NOTE under the external light switch of the bathrooms. “PLEASE TURN OFF” in several languages. Also it can sound like some of the guests are rehearsing for the CHORUS LINE with their happy feet routines on the laminated floors above.

The main idea of this type of hotel is to use it as a room & base to be safe, warm and get to sleep, then wake up & see London with all it’s majestic splendor of a superb city.

TIP: If arriving by train walk from Euston Rail Station as it’s not far and easy to get to The Elmwood. Save your Tube money for your second day. Aim at a 15 minute walk along Euston Road aiming for Kings Cross Station along the way. Go past Burger King then turn right at McDonalds onto Crestfield St then straight on to Argyle Square then you will see the Elmwood Hotel. Easy. . .

ViC

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Elmwood hotel London

Cordially, please accept my sincere appreciation for your very positive comments about our team members. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to deliver our promise of the 100% guest satisfaction .

We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again over again at Elmwood hotel London. John Girgis ( Hotel manager)
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The hotel is quite simple: small room, but good bed and nice sleep. The breakfeast is simple, but meets your needs. The receptions is friendly and the location is fabulous. For the price (cheap), it's has a bery good price/quality relationship.

Room Tip: lower floors, doesn't have lifts.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Elmwood hotel London.

Cordially, please accept my sincere appreciation for your very positive comments about our team members. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to deliver our promise of the 100% guest satisfaction and assure you a home away from home.

We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again over again at Elmwood Hotel London. John Girgis (Hotel Manager)
Paterson, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I arrived at the Elmwood Hotel expecting a spacious room and good inn service--boy was I surprised! First off, the guy greeting us informed us that there was no elevator, which was bad for my mom as she has knee problems, but they finally accommodated us, moving us to a room on the first floor (one floor up) and helping us take up our bags--but getting them to do this was like pulling teeth.
Upon entering the room, we were shocked at the small size. The door hit the desk the TV was on when opened, leaving only a small space between the door and the second twin bed to pass through. I can see this being okay for some weary young hostel-seekers, looking for just a clean place to lay their head and nothing more in terms of service or accommodation, but we have been in some nice European hotels and, like I said, I was let down. There was no space for the two of us (my mom and I) to move around within the room and only a tiny closet for our coats and bags, which meant that our suitcases had to occupy the little bit of floor/walking space that was available.
Luckily, the location of the hotel is rather central, being a block or so from King's Cross/St. Pancras International Station and the London Underground (the "tube"), so that's a plus. It was just kind of a bummer coming home at the end of a long day of sight-seeing to the small, water-stained room and having to climb up those stairs.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: breakfast is included in the room fee (overpriced, for what you get, if you ask me) but the breakfast is very sparse, with a couple of sliced meats, dry cereal, milk, OJ, and coffee, but nothing special AT ALL; in fact, some days we were tempted to sleep in instead of make the 9:30 AM deadline because there MIGHT NOT BE ANY SPACE FOR US ANYWAY. In my opinion, they should have AT LEAST enough breakfast tables for the number of guests in the hotel, but they instead have four or five tables, which were full each day we came down for an early breakfast, making us wait up to thirty minutes to be seated in a small room, where the servers were rude to us when we complained that a plate was dirty, as if it was our fault! When we complained to the front desk employee about this experience at breakfast, he stared at us all deadpan, nonchalant about the complaint, which was even more unnerving. I cannot tell you how frustrated we had become. Oh, and no phones in the rooms either, so no way to call and ask for things if we needed them, or to call home.
We only stayed there four nights, but I would have given up the proximity to King's Cross for better service and a little more space or hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear our guest, Firstly, I would like to extend my deep apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay , I am John Girgis the hotel manager and I dealed direct with your check in, I am surprised from what you mentioned as I upgraded your room from Double to triple at no extra cost if you remember & allocated you in lower floor straightaway when you mentioned that you hate upper floors, also I carried your bag to room 10 door if you remember straightaway after I finished the other check in !! Anyway
I'm concerned with all what you Firstly, I would like to extend my deep apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay
I'm concerned with all what you have mentioned and would like to assure you that all mentioned will be subject to a detailed investigation and study, not to have this repeated again to you or any of our esteemed guests in the future. I hope that you allow us making it right this time and contact me on my below mentioned e-mail at your convenience. have mentioned and would like to assure you that all mentioned will be subject to a detailed investigation and study, not to have this repeated again to you or any of our esteemed guests in the future. I hope that you allow us making it right this time and contact me on my below mentioned e-mail at your convenience.

Been to Elmwood Hotel? Share your experiences!