“Absoloubtly shocking. A con.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7LU, England   |
Ranked #1,002 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Absoloubtly shocking. A con.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

So...1 pillow.
Scratchy duvet.
Shared bathroom.
 Broken chest of draws. Fridge that's broken and stinks as bedside table
tv that refuses to work  loose arial anyway.
 Heater stuck on full.
So window open full.
 Lots of noise.
Dirty carpet.
Springy mattress.
Door broken doesn't close.
Fan for cooling too dusty to use.
Hair in sink!!! Stains all over walls and holes.
 No help for 2 flights of stairs with heavy bag.
Not shown to room.
Tiny towels.
Dirty mirror.
Cold water warm. Breakfast option is cold toast.
Place stinks.
Rude owner.
Wifi works
Nice curtains
NEVER STAY HERE rip off asking for money back!!! But won't get it. As not allowed to see room before paying. Once payed and enters room no refund!!!! Read on signing in Con. Nobody would pay £50pn for this. 30 more and I could of stayed at the Hilton!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ornskoldsvik, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Me and my two friends stayed there in April 12 for 4 nights. We were 17 and it was the very first time we were traveling all by ourselves, which made this visit at this hotel, even worse. First of all, we didn't get the kindest hospitality from the, so called, reception (consisting by the dining room).

Our room was at the top and it made it almost impossible for us to get our bagage up there by the stairs, and without any help.

We had the attic with three beds. The room had an awful stench and it was very cold since the windows were opened. The future 2 nights we had to sleep with all our clothes, mittens and double tires because of the cold. We could close the windows, but they turned off the heat in the room. The first night we just thought that it was something brokened, but after the second night we got angry and talked to the personal, which didn't understood the english because they were arabic, or something.

The "shower" was like a cabinet you went into, which was standing in the corner of the room. It was moldy, dirty and you didn't had very much hot water.

The location was a bit scary. We got to hear that Shepherd's Bush wasn't a really nice place and it often happen bad things there, so it was kind of scary to walk there by night.

The last thing I can complain to, is the breakfast. It was nothing to get replete on and we were also very scared about that part.

But if I'm thinking of the low price we paid, what did I expect then?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Plaza Hotel screwed us. They overbooked and sent us to their friend's hotel down the street. It was called the "Euro Hotel". It was totally disgusting...even for cheap European standards. Our room was never cleaned except for the bed that was made. There was hair and dirt everywhere...including mouse droppings and parts of the wall that were dug out by the mouse. And when we looked under the bed we found a glue mouse trap with bread used to lure the little critters over. When we asked them to clean the room (especially the bathroom and mouse droppings) they became argumentative and denied having mice. I loved the embarrassed look I got when I showed him the pictures on my iphone. I just wish I could post those pictures here. They even argued with my girlfriend...totally classless. Their breakfast? Toast, warm milk, terrible instant coffee, and runny eggs...ugh!! I would rather be kidnapped and stored in a dark dungeon than stay here again!! Plaza Hotel sent us over there...hence, they take the responsibility (especially since they offered NOT ONE APOLOGY!) Grade F---

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at The Plaza Hotel for 3 x nights whilst attending a course near by. The location was very convenient and within 10 mins walk of Shepherds Bush Station (the overground station and 2 others stations were also close by). There are also several convenience shops, restaurant and take away places on Shepherds Bush Road which was very useful.
The Hotel itself is very basic. The rooms are what you pay. Breakfast is included 7.30-9am and consists of cereals, yoghurt, eggs, beans, toast, tea, jam, orange juice and coffee. Again, very basic but perfectly acceptable for a cheaper hotel.
The stairs are quite steep and the top floor really does mean TOP floor and is a way to climb so i would recommend checking which floor you are on if you have any issues with stairs.
The man at reception who appeared to be the manger was quite friendly but spoke quite poor English and didn't offer any assistance with my suitcase which you would normally expect in any hotel with stairs to climb.
The room was pretty clean although there was a bit of a smell coming from the sink pipes which i think is due to it being an older model. The showers are a bit bizzare as they are a free standing shower in the room (like a tall fridge i.e not built into another room or wall) but the water was hot every time i needed to use it so absolutely fine.
The toilets are not in the room but are shared by the same floor (about 3 rooms share 1 or 2 toilets) this wasn't an issue for me and i never had to wait.
All in all a very basic B&B/Hotel for £50 a night (which for London isn't too bad) fine for just me for a few nights and it was near where i needed to be, i would have been disappointed had i booked this as a holiday/romantic weekend though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

For the money we paid it was very good. The important thing is that it was very clean!

• Stayed May 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I booked a single room with en-suite as it is sais when you are going to book the room by easytobook, then I arrived there and the guy who was there told me that I hadn't, that my room had no bathroom and if I wanted a bathroom I had to pay 30 pounds more, so I told him I wanted to cancellate the room and he told me it wasn't possible, so in the end, he took me to another hotel next to this, to the Euro hotel and made me pay 30 more to have a bathroom. The room was in the basement so I could hear every step they made, and also they offered wifi but it wasn't in my room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!