“Chaotic restaurant - a distastrous experience” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Chaotic restaurant - a distastrous experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I last went here 3 years ago (and wrote a reasonable review about the place). However this visit was a nightmare. First problem was that despite having made a reservation that morning, by the evening, the reservation had been lost, and my party of 7 had no table. So we were shoved in a corner by the bar, rather than in the atmospheric dining room.

The service was slow (potentially by the fact they had these 7 extra covers). When my starter arrived, squid salad, it was un-edible, the squid was completely undercooked. At least my companions were okay with their starters.

Then came the main course. Or I should say it didn't. Three dishes arrive, but no cutlery, and four dishes were missing. We waited 5 minutes with no sign of waiting staff, nor cutlery nor dishes. I tracked down the restaurant manager and gave him a piece of my mind.

To his credit the manager came and profusely apologised. The order for the 4 "missing" main courses had been lost in the kitchen. We therefore had to wait a further 25 minutes for the missing dishes to arrive. The manager waived the entire bill for the food and apologised again at the end of the meal.

I might go back here for a drink, but the evening was such a disaster, I'm no sure I would risk another dinner.

Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Noisey, buzzy - only ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Friday night was very busy - the doors open to the garden provided a bit of breeze.
Maybe they should employ more waiting staff as the waitresses were perfectly delightful, but so rushed they forgot (a) some nuts we'd requested, (b) tap water to drink, (c) more mayonaise.

Maybe I didn't have a great time cos I'd ordered battered cod, and it was quite small, but my husband's steak was delicious. I'd chosen wrongly!
Seemed like a large table of mums from the same class were there, which was jolly - and loud.
Good to have busy pubs like that around, but didn't rock my boat that night!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orpington, null, United Kingdom
“Awesome beer garden and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very friendly staff great beer garden with bean bags, deck chairs and huts they gave us free ice creams :D

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“What I call a real place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The atmosphere is very relaxed, the staff is friendly. The tables and chairs are all different which give a nice bohemian style. There is no fix menu, the menu is written by chalk on a blackboard, and it always change, from the time I arrived to the time I left I noticed many dishes have been removed and replaced with new ones. Like the chairs and table, the cutlery and china is different which add more into the theme of the restaurant. The food is cooked almost in front of you, which reassure for the cleanliness. I would recommend it without any hesitation.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampshire
“Very Expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good food, lots of modern day yuppies, with wallets to match..
No atmosphere till a very few Queens Park Rangers fans attend and liven up the place.
Not a Football pub, but if you fancy a quieter pint away from the main football crowds and enjoy very good food and are prepared to pay for it. Then go for it.

• Visited February 2013