“Superb steak restaurant in great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manhattan Grill

Manhattan Grill
22 Hertsmere Road | London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, London E14 4ED, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)
+44 20 7517 2808
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Cross street: Aspen Way
Transit: West India Quay Station (DLR) and Canary wharf Station (Jubilee line)
Description: Set within the 5-star London Marriott West India Quay Hotel, Manhattan Grill overlooks the waterfront of Canary Wharf, where imposing skyscrapers make for dramatic views. Manhattan Grill is situated over 2 floors and allows private use of the second floor with a separate bar; and a large terrace for al fresco dining throughout the summer. A succulent range of premium steaks from around the world are served up at Manhattan Grill - from wet-aged USDA prime Black Angus from Creekstone Kansas, to dry-aged Scottish cuts from Inverurie, the birthplace of the legendary Aberdeen Angus steak. The open plan theatre-style kitchen allows for views of the chefs cooking each succulent steak on the authentic Montague Broiler.
Waterville, ME
“Superb steak restaurant in great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My first night at the Marriott West India Quay I was too tired to go out. This was a wonderful choice in the lobby of the hotel, with very fresh ingredients and great appetizers and steaks. For the appetizer I had the scallops in a cauliflower purée sauce and then a medium rare filet mignon with béarnaise and French wine. The wait staff is from all over the EU, so you may hear other languages spoken, but they are all extremely friendly and helpful. The food was delicious!

Visited December 2012

75% Recommend
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Meat eaters beware, you'll want to keep coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Right from the outset you know this restaurant will be class.

From the appearance, location, and menu you know you'll be in for a good time.

We were greeted by a wonderful, attentive team member, who took our coats, explained the concept and the area and took our drinks orders, shortly followed by some delicious bread and soft cheese.

We had scallops to start, and then a fillet and rib eye to follow served with fries, mushrooms and a extra and delicious steak sauces.

The cuisine was excellent, service equally so. The downside however is the cost, 2 starters, 2 mains and a few drinks came to nearly £170, but we didn't argue - it was worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Average Afternoon Tea at Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My first review on TripAdvisor for my first Afternoon Tea experience!
I booked the Afternoon Tea for my Mother and I through afternoontea.co.uk so booking was straightforward. It stated that the afternoon tea would be held in the Manhattan Bar "overlooking the waterfront of Canary Wharf" but as there appeared to be some sort of business function when we arrived, we were placed in the small "lobby" just outside the bar entrance, which is a shame as I had booked the afternoon tea expecting the lovely waterfront views.
The sandwiches were nice and the scones were very crumbly and light. Both Mother and I weren't to keen on the pastries sadly. A good selection of teas to choose from.
Staff were very friendly and attentive. The manager also greeted us half way through and ensured that we were satisfied and offered us us top-ups, which we happily obliged and had an extra plate of sandwiches!
Usually the afternoon tea is £15pp but for some reason we were charged £10pp - I am guessing this was to make up for the fact that we weren't placed in the Manhattan Bar? Either way I would say it was a lovely experience for £10pp but I would have been quite disappointed if I had paid £15pp for the experience I had received.

Norway
“Good, spicy food and very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very friendly waiter saw to our every need. I forgot to ask whether my soup had any onions (food allergy) in it, and when I discovered that it did, my husband was prepared to switch his food for mine, but the waiter wouldn`t hear of it, and they immediately made me another soup.

The soup was very spicy, but very good. Would not hesitate to eat there again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott whilst going to a football game. As we were late getting back we decided that we'd go to the manhattan grill restaurant. Initially everything seemed fine, the waiter was polite and friendly, however that's as good as it got. Our order for three adults and two children was completely messed up. We had mains arriving before starters and without sides. There was barely any attempt to rectify the situation other than two free drinks. When we eventually got our correct food each of three steaks were either under or over cooked, and my £32 New York strip was so over salted I could barely taste the meat. And just to add insult to injury even the salads that my non steak eating friends were having were described as mediocre at best. Overall this was an embarrassing and expensive mistake.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere