“Fantastic little Thai. Best I've had in London” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic little Thai. Best I've had in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Absolutely loving the fact that this little Thai is just 200m from my house. Excellent food at a great price. Quick service. Always a smile and a greeting from the host who makes you feel very welcome and is happy to talk about their style of food. Nice décor in the restaurant, which is very clean.

The food is fresh (no MSG) and nice and hot but you can go hotter if you wish. We've tried pretty much every dish on the menu and have nothing but good things to say about all of them. The Seabass is superb. The green curry is excellent. Can honestly say that we have not been disappointed by any dish on the menu.

We've tried a large number of Thai places in London, and for us this is the best by far!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed for a restaurant that was number one thai in London!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner love going out to eat and love thai food so we were very excited to see what all the fuss on this restaurant was about! We sat down and it took a While to even be seen to, there was only one other couple in there! There was one man on service which was not enough, the entire time I only saw him. , it was a Friday and the restaurant was packed, it took about 45 mins for the starter to come and another half an hour for the main. With the food taking that long I was expecting amazing quality fresh food. We were extremely disappointed , our thai green curry and lamb massaman curry were lacking in flavour and have tasted much better! By the time the mains actually came I was past eating my dinner because I was full up from the soup. Overall I would not bother with this place, I had a high expectation that was not fulfilled. Try Mae ping that is gorgeous!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Finally found hot Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My partner and I are often disappointed by the heat of supposedly spicy dishes in Thai restaurants but not here at Iyara! When placing our order we asked the waitress for "extra spicy heat" and they certainly delivered!

Our starters were prawn satay and the Tom Yum chicken hot soup. The soup was fiercely hot and packed full of flavour. There was a minor mix up with the satay - pork arrived instead of the prawn that we'd ordered. However this was put right very quickly and without fuss.

For the main course we shared a sea bass in hit red curry sauce which again was packed full of delicious Thai flavours and a good deal of chilli heat. Additional dishes were a broccoli, pad Thai and a sticky coconut rice. With two bottles of Chang beer the total bill came to £48 so reasonably priced in our opinion. I would highly recommend this little Thai restaurant which only has about 10 tables for anyone looking for very tasty fresh Thai food. Good for a romantic meal as the atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant as it was named the number 1, Thai restaurant in the London Area and we were certainly not disappointed! The ambience was relaxing and inviting throughout the entire evening which was helped by not overcrowding the tables. Our table felt very private which is quite rare for a busy London restaurant. I felt that there was room to fit more tables in but am thankful to the owner for putting the customers first! The food was exceptional and an opportunity for us to sample some new dishes. The depth of flavour in the Yom Tum soup was out of this world! The owner was also very friendly and advised us on certain dishes. We would definitely go back as it was such an enjoyable evening. Thanks

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing authentic Thai food at a great price and delivered with excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

What more can I say other than this is the best Thai restaurant I've ever eaten at. The food was outstanding and the service was friendly. I will definitely be visiting again when I am next in London. I would recommend it to everyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere