“Appalled by the service” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
bangkok boulevard
87 Lavender Hill, London SW11 5QL, England (Clapham / Battersea )
02072280086
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
bangkok boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12,384 of 17,939 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
“Appalled by the service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I ordered via justeat at 7pm. I lost track of time but when I realised I hadn't received my food by 9pm I called the restaurant. I was told they hadn't received the order at 7pm and blamed justeat.com, but it had now left the restaurant and will be with me within 20 minutes (despite the restaurant being 7 minutes away). After 25 minutes I called to cancel as I was going to bed. I was told I'd get a call back but the food turned up exactly 3 hours after ordering. I asked the driver to call the restaurant as I'd tried to cancel and he just left with the food and said I'd get a refund. I've never had such bad service in my life. I definitely don't recommend this place.

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“poor service, poor food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

the waitress took my order very quickly, and the starter arrived soon after. Unfortunately it was pretty tasteless, and the mushrooms were from a tin (or had been preserved in some way- definitely not fresh). Before I was half way through my starter, the main course was ready. The tofu was good, but the vegetables that made up 75% of the dish were almost raw- it was a warm salad.
I asked about the soup, and was told (by a different waiter) that he had just chopped the mushrooms himself. Having eaten in many thai restaurants, and being vegetarian, that was the worst mushroom tom kha I've had in a long time. Inedible.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Undercover dog (chicken)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a pad Thai and the chicken did not taste like chicken at all we almost felt sick. We asked the waitress what the meat was and after taking a few minutes to think about the answer she replied with, the reason it tastes different is because it's halal....

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Booked through TopTable for a cousin's birthday dinner. The food was good, the atmosphere was good. Staff were attentive and polite and service was prompt.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Bangkok Rudevard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had booked a table for 3 people 2 weeks in advance to celebrate my brother's birthday. We arrived at the restaurant on time. I explained to a waitress that I had booked a table and gave my name, she asked me to wait. She went and asked a member of staff that was working at a table off of the main part of the restaurant to move and shoved another round table up against it and laid a knife and fork there. Another waitress came and asked if I had booked I said yes and that we were being seen to and she shouted that she wanted my name. I gave my name and she shouted that she needed my name again. We were finally seated at this make shift table in a corridor alongside the kitchen. I wouldn't have been so shocked at this treatment if I had not booked ahead but it was unacceptable when a person has taken the trouble to book. We took our business elsewhere and will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014