“Excellent meal” 4 of 5 stars

020 7633 9309
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Troia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,960 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This smart glass-fronted caf��, restaurant bar on Belvedere Road is neighbours with the Royal Festival Hall, Yo Sushi! and Chez Gerard in that cultural hot-spot, the Southbank. The 82-dishes (excluding set, special and children meals) offer a comprehensive taste of Turkey's national (healthy) diet. There's kisir, a cold starter of nuts, bulgar wheat, herbs and spring onions. Hearty mains include kuzu guvec, a lamb casserole, and a delicious mariage of runner beans and onions served with a rich tomato sauce and rice called yesil fasulye. There are fish, pasta, rice, and special veggie dishes too. Desserts make an intriguing change from treacle pudding and cheesecake. How about kaymakh kestane - sweet chestnuts sprinkled with chestnuts and served with home-made cream?
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Second visit here another great meal. Staff were friendly lovely atmosphere with great lights! The only negative was a service charge of 12% was added to the bill.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“such a nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staff were so friendly! I had chicken an avocado salad and it was beautiful. I wish I had of got the meze platter but I had no one to share it with! Dessert of cheesecake was beautiful. I would definitely come back to this place :)

Visited April 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Best Baklava!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We happened on to this restaurant and saw a Trip Advisor sign on the window. I had the chicken kabab and it was great, but the Baklava was the best we've come across. The hummus was different than we've had in the states, much more light and creamy but delish. Overall, a good price for the meal. Would have given it an excellent rating but there were a lot of grounds in the hubby's Turkish coffee.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Tasty and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Lovely Turkish food at this restaurant on Belvedere Rd SE1. Great atmosphere and the service was friendly too.

Visited March 2013
Nottinghamshire
“Allergy sufferers BEWARE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently visited this restaurant with our 7 year old son who has a severe egg allergy. I explained to our waiter that he was extremely allergic to egg and that his food would have to be guaranteed egg free and prepared in a way to avoid cross contamination. He assured me it would be fine. When my son had chosen his meal the waiter again assured me the products were egg free.
Concerned with the waiter's attitude - he seemed flippant and I noticed he didn't go into the kitchen to speak to the chef about my son's food - I made sure when our starters and bread arrived I asked again if they were egg free. The waiter was very clear - "yes, no egg". Fortunately for my son, the manager was behind the waiter and in response interrupted and informed us the bread contained egg. This idiotic and ignorant chef could have killed my child and the only response from the manager was to ask us what we'd like him to replace the bread with. Needless to say we left. It horrifies me that with so many people with serious allergies that a waiter would be so ill informed and flippant and a manager so disinterested in his waiter's potentially fatal mistake. Eat there at your peril if you have an allergy.

• Visited January 2013