“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Distillers - Smithfield
66 West Smithfield, London EC1A 9DY, England (Westminster / Belgravia)
+44 20 7600 2705
Improve this listing
Ranked #10,661 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Westminster / Belgravia
Description: The Distillers is under fresh management asST. BART’S BREWERYA venue for Wedding, Corporate and Private Hire, Late Night Live Music, and EventsFollowing a refurbishment late spring, we will launch this vibrant venue in June in time for the World Cup Series 2014.
London
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This wannabe gastropub provided good food with terrible service. I came here after work and was fairly impresssed with the decor. This is what you'd expect in an area like Smithfields. I sat down with my friends and we all ordered food at the bar. The barmaid was extremely rude and we hadn't even ordered yet. Once we got are food it was good, but after ordering several rounds at the bar and each time being treated terribly we will never go there again. Not worth it.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Over-priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We went here for lunch as a family as we were celebrating a birthday. The menu isn't huge, and straight away we were told that 2/3 dishes were not being served. They didn't even have steak, which the 'birthday boy' was looking forward to so this was disappointing.

We ordered anyway and had mixed opinions about the food. One of our party sent his food back as it wasn't hot and needed reheating. A couple of our party were impressed with theirs. My burger was OK but overcooked and the chips were dry and hard. We all agreed, however, that the food was way over priced. My burger was over ten pounds and I think mine was the cheapest meal which I thought was unreasonable considering it's essentially pub food. I'm not from London, so maybe this is average, but I thought it was over-priced.

The decor of the place is nice, a mixture of contemporary and good old tired pub style. Our barman/waiter was pleasant and friendly, so we can't fault the service, though it took a while for the food to come out. Overall I would not visit again unless going for a drink.

• Visited March 2011