“BBQ Chicken course” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Atelier des Chefs

L'Atelier des Chefs
19 Wigmore Street, London W1U 1PH, England (Marylebone)
+44 20 7499 6580
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
“BBQ Chicken course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had a wonderful afternoon learning how to care for kitchen knives, use them properly to joint a chicken (and more), and prepare four dishes. We ate the jerk chicken and rice salad after the class - delicious, even more so for having cooked it ourselves. The staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. I can't wait to do my next course - and there are so many to choose from! Thank you for an afternoon well-spent, and enhanced confidence in the kitchen.

“Easy Moroccan Extravaganza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

So last year, a friend got me a voucher to L'Atelier des Chefs for my birthday. I absolutely love cooking so it was a no brainer how excited I was about the experience.

Made a reservation through their website which was super easy to use and that was it - I began looking forward to the experience. Got a text reminder and a call as well to reconfirm my availability which I thought was a lovely touch. The evening came upon us and so was dinner and the cooking lesson. We made a lamb and prune pastilla and a moroccan spiced tuna steak with a mixed bean salad. So, here's the interesting bit - the chef didn't cook ANYTHING. we did it all ourselves which made it all rewarding in the end when we ate.

The head chef guiding us through was such a patient and attentive teacher, always willing to help out and answer any questions people may have. Unfortunately, time goes by when you're having fun so the hour entirely crept past as we prepped the vegetables, cooked in turns and assembled the dishes. The cooking class was always small as well to facilitate learning. The best part was sitting down to eat family style and having a chat with the rest of the guys.

I totally enjoyed it and am already looking forward to my next class. If you're contemplating on this - definitely do it! You'd love it (whatever you kitchen experience is)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Pan-Asian Masterclass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a great afternoon at my first Masterclass 10 days ago. The staff were very welcoming and knowledgable. Steve our chef (only 2 of us in the class) was great and I enjoyed some food banter with hm as well as learning some new skills, techniques and ingredients. The food was great when complete and also looked the part. I bought a discounted card after the class and will be coming back for a pasta making class soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Bread Masterclass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I loved the Bread Masterclass - I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for people who had never ever made bread before as it as quite a fast pace (as we had to get the dough made so we could prove it)- but the techniques were easy and Neil was really good at explaining why we were doing certain things, giving us tips etc etc for when we're making bread at home. While we were waiting for the bread to prove we made flatbreads and donuts - I've made flatbreads before but it just reinforced how easy it was, and the donuts were equally as easy, and delicious! It certainly makes a difference if the people in your group are friendly and chatty and willing to join in though. I'm now going to be eating bread for a week.....but I'm not complaining! :-)

London, United Kingdom
“Fun lunchtime cooking class :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went to l'atelier yesterday for the third time - and was very good! Went to the Cook Eat and Run class and made a yummy dish as usual and got a complimentary dessert too :) Would recommend it as something different to do on a lunchtime instead of going to a restaurant - much more satisfaction when you have made the meal yourself!
Thanks!