“Quality from the moment you arrive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill

Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill
14 Trinity Square | Tower of Lodnon, London EC3N 4AA, England (City of London)
+44 20 7480 5500
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,411 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, Brasserie
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: On the west side of Trinity Square, close to Tower Hill tube station, our brasserie lies opposite the Tower of London, one of the city's most popular landmarks. Pop in for a light lunch if you are sightseeing, or try our seasonally changing a la carte menu for a taste of real French food with heart. Book a table Monday to Friday in the light and airy brasserie, or reserve the lower floor dining area for a private party, complete with its own bar. Exclusive weekend hire is also available. Saturdays we open for early breakfasts and then with a special Saturday menu including steak frites and our fabulous burger.
York, United Kingdom
“Quality from the moment you arrive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Came here for a quick business lunch while in the City. We were attended to from the moment we walked in, and were seated (with no reservations), with drinks orders and coats taken within 90 seconds. I ordered hake with mashed potato, and my colleague ordered the moules. The food was served promptly, being freshly cooked, hot and delicious. No wonder they were busy. The staff attention was enough, timely, professional and caring. Will have to go back soon. Well done all of you!

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“great Food, Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Three visits during the summer,with clients and a team night out. Exceptional food and choise , great service and location

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Better Still”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I visited Brasserie Blanc in Trinity Square, London EC3 as the guest of an old friend. Last time I was there it was a Chez Gerard and was starting to get a bit "tired".

The menu was varied with specials of the day. I was disappointed the the calves liver was off the menu but delighted when the waiter explained that deviled lamb's kidneys were on instead. They were delicious and demanded that I ordered some mashed potatoe too.

The house wine by the glass was very reasonable and good and the other wines appeared to be reasonably priced with some understandable exceptions. Despite having eaten well, I couldn't resist the Pooding au Citron which was deliciously tart.

I can't really comment on the value for money but, judging by the menu prices it was quite reasonable. I will certainly go again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
london
“Threadneedle Brasserie Blanc is excellent as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went to the Threadneedle St branch of this chain for about the 6th time in the last 18 months. It has always been excellent. I was attracted back by the August set menu for £16.45 for 3 courses. My wife and I had the pea soup which was thick, tasty and delicious. I opted for the fishcake and my wife had the Onion and Gruyere tart both of which were well cooked and tasty. We had a side of potatoes although both dishes did come with very nicely cooked veg. My wife had a chocolate mouse which was nice and I had the poached plums which were nice but a littlre boring to be honest. We had a glass of wine from the Languedoc at £2.95 which was of very acceptable quality for double the price. The service in here was great as usual and I will be going back in 3 weeks for a business lunch.

• Visited August 2012
Redditch
“Raymond Blanc should make a visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked a table at the restaurant by Tower Hill Tube for 8.30.p.m. and were told they only had one other booking and intended to close early. (The writing was probably on the wall!). We ordered two sirloins with sauce and separate (expensive) vegetables. One steak arrived without the sauce and, was rare and not medium and was a poor cut of grissly meat. The other was O.K. The vegetables did not arrive until after we had finished because our order had not been processed. The restaurant manager did his level best to put things as right as he could after the event (no criticism of him at all). Instead of leaving, we decided to order a sweet (even though nobody offered us the menu). We both chose Pavlovas. These arrived as meringue nests with ice cream and cream and maybe four small fruits lying on the plates. We expected freshly made meringue - friable and slightly chewy on the inside. We received case-hardened, mass produced commercial meringue nests of the typy that one can buy in a poor supermarket. They were virtually inedible because we could not penetrate them. Raymond Blanc should not associate his famous name with a restaurant of this ilk. Mr. Blanc will see no more of our money.

Visited August 2012