“Worth it” 5 of 5 stars

020 7499 3776
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Most of the meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is from American USDA ‘Prime’ corn-fed herds, but we also source grain-fed Irish Angus, rare breed Belted Galloway from Devon and grass-fed Scottish meat. Every steak we serve has been dry-aged on site – it’s the best way to concentrate flavour – then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we’re proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed – we know it’s the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been here twice, once for steak and once for the burger, both which were incredible. The steaks are not cheap, but the waiters know a lot about the meat and can recommend steaks depending on what you like. The truffle chips are also really good, and as is the tiger prawn tempura. The burgers are made from pieces of fillet steak rather than minced meat and was great, I'd say more sophisticated burgers than that of Honest Burgers and Patty and Bun though I would recommend these ones instead if you're looking for a cheaper alternative.

The service is fantastic, nothing to fault here. The decor is quite suited for a steak restaurant, with lots of wood and brown and bit comfy chairs/long settees. It gets quite busy so it's worth booking in advance.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
beirut
“Am eating right now,,, yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just finished my steak and it was excellent. Waiting for desert and I think it will as good as the entree and the steak...
Very nice ambiance. Very friendly and our waitress Belle is very pleasant. Really a must try

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lives up to reputation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Dined in a small group and the consensus was overall very positive. Steak cooked to perfection and service was impeccable. For those doubtful due to pricing, the quality of meat is really very high. I would highly recommend a steak with bone as there is such a difference in flavour. Downside is really to do with the atmosphere, which is admittedly difficult to control. Many tables were filled with quite obviously corporate work colleagues expensing their meals and this created a rather stale, clinical and pretentious environment. Despite best efforts to mitigate this, would say this is not an ideal family or couples restaurant to dine in, but more for a small group of friends.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
“Goodman's Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Firstly, I must highlight that I was eating here with work colleagues and not paying for the meal myself. The feel of the restaurant is similar to a US steakhouse. Others on here have described how the ordering system works so I won't go through that. Our waiter was very good and looked after us well. Most of us had the lobster cocktail to start. This was outstanding. A generous, fresh, tasty portion of lobster came with salad and Japanese mayo on the side. A variety of steaks then came along for us. I had the large grass fed fillet, perfectly cooked (rare). All the steaks were cooked as ordered, one of my colleagues who had a bone in steak had asked for it to be cut, which they had forgotten to do and meant that he struggled to get some of the meat off. A variety of sides were shared. Salads, veg sides were all good. Chips were ok, except the thin beef dripping chips which got negative reviews. We shared a plate of cheese which had a good selection.The wine list is good, as you would expect more choice of red than white wines, though we had a very good NZ Sauvignon blanc as well as an Australian Pinot noir and some dessert wine. On the whole a good experience and great for groups rather than couples I would say. It's in Mayfair and the prices reflect that. The steak was very good, better than Gaucho's but I wouldn't say it was the best I'd ever had and I wouldn't have wanted to spend £45 of my own money on it. The lobster however was amongst the best I've ever had and worth every penny.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Love it! Beast steak ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I chose it because it was both recommended to me by a friend. If you're in London, want a good steak and dont mind spending good money for a good meal, then I can highly recommend Goodman.
The starters, sides and desserts are always tasty but it's really the steak that makes the meal set apart from other restaurants in London. It is simply the best steakhouse in London.

Visited April 2013