“Wonderful restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

020 7499 3776
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 17,940 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Most of the meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is from American USDA ‘Prime’ corn-fed herds, but we also source grain-fed Irish Angus, rare breed Belted Galloway from Devon and grass-fed Scottish meat. Every steak we serve has been dry-aged on site – it’s the best way to concentrate flavour – then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we’re proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed – we know it’s the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
's-Gravenzande
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Last Friday we had dinner here and we all agreed that the food and service were excellent. We started with tempura shrimps followed by a ribeye (400 grams wet aged), filet mignon and lobster tail and several side dishes: truffle fries, lobster mac&cheese, roasted garlic, mashed potatoes, and 2 salads. All together was a little too much for the four of us so we had no place left for coffee or desserts. Next time:-)
Oh, and our waiter was the best.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special just good steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

A good well cooked steak, @ £33 for 500g bone in ribeye abit expensive for some n it's only a steak.
Atmosphere busy, not too loud, good music, tables not too close.
Staff r fine not too fussy , 2 girls @ front of house just gossiped all the way on my visit.
Menu is pretty big, list of starters, steaks and sides and then there's the steak board.
Opted for belted Galloway , of course grass fed , what's the point in the US corn fed diet?? Sides of spinach n carrots were simple as that.
Overall nothing exciting or special or unique, average, prefer hawksmoor , having been twice now to both n prefer whole experience of hawksmoor.
Which they had unique / other cuts like onglet, skirt, feather blade, salmon , than the usual fare of sirloin ribeye etc.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I eat a fair amount of steak and this is possibly the best steak I have ever eaten, lobster cocktail for starter was scrummy to. The service was outstanding so much so I wanted to take our "server" out with us for the rest of the evening he was so brilliant! Atmosphere also great.

As soon as I can I will go back for more. What I like least is that I can't go more often!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Juicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The best steak in London. Open, relaxed and fun. Goodman is 'Good' for any occasion business or pleasure, with an acompanying wine list well stocked with the hero's of Bordeaux and a fine selection of steaks. I went for the Cajun rump lunch special and was not disapointed. My steak was large, juicy and tender glazed in Cajun spices and came with a crisp salad, the meal was complemented by a good Languedoc St. Emilion. The service is informative friendly and relaxed. The decor comfortable as you would expect from an establishment that does everything right.

London
“My favourite steakhouse in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I love my steak. I'm always on the lookout for a good steak. Goodman definitely serves some of the best. My favourite is the Goodman rib eye, it's full of flavour, very well seasoned and cooked to perfection (I like mine medium-rare). Actually all the different cuts are amazing, the fillet steak literally dissolves in your mouth. It has a good selection of starters and desserts and an excellent wine list, but you really come here for the steak. Service is excellent and prices are acceptable given that you are paying for some of the finest steaks in London. However I must warn you, once you have tasted steak at Goodman, all other steakhouses will never be the same.

• Visited August 2012