“Great spot for a good value lunch in the city” 4 of 5 stars

+44 20 79298399
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Agenda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13,176 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vegetarian, British, Pub, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A glitzy hideaway amidst the City bustle, Agenda Bar is a modern restaurant-club serving international cuisine and an extensive bar stock. Rustic platters and traditional stone-baked pizzas are served at Agenda, and a menu of trusty classics showcases Britain's favourite comfort food recipes. At the bar, find chilled beers alongside luxurious bottles of bubbly and freshly muddled cocktails, as well as a laidback food menu.
London, England
“Great spot for a good value lunch in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

A group of us booked for an office Christmas lunch and were warmly welcomed and pointed in the direction of an area in the bar set aside for us. We didn't order a full Christmas dinner and chose from the regular menu.
A waitress promptly arrived to take our drinks orders before the food choices. The food came out in reasonable time considering there were around 10 of us. I customised a falafal burger with bacon and asked for no bun as I can't eat bread. So many times I still end up with the bun when I ask for it to be omitted, not this time. The burger was accompanied by the usual salad fillers on the side of the plate, really good chips, which tasted home-made and not from a freezer. I also had a portion of onion rings (again, they tasted fresh and bland/frozen) and a generous bowl of coleslaw.
Our area was quiet so we were able to enjoy the conversation of our friends and the food was really tasty and cheap.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Bad service, bad food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been to Agenda a couple of times. The first was for lunch - the service was really poor; the waiter/possibly manager was rude and the food was no more than average. The second time I went was for work drinks in the evening - the music was so loud you had to shout to have a conversation (if this is the sort of thing you're after though, then the drinks are reasonably priced and the choice of music is good), again the service was bad and the sharing platters were appalling! The carrots looked like they had been sitting on the plate drying out for hours and general presentation/portion sizes was bad.

Overall, I really do not recommend this - there are so many much nicer bars in the City with good happy hour offers on every week night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been here several times, in fact my office is so close I could probably have them deliver my lunch for me, and I have to say it's very hit or miss.
Sometimes you'll go in there and half the menu wont be available - but they wont tell you this when they give you the menu, rather wait until you try to order!
Their timings are also a little amiss, sometimes lunch is incredibly quick and other times (like the last time I was there) you will wait 40mins for your lunch. Sure, you get an apology but that doesn't make up for the indegestion you suffer for eating it quickly to make sure you're not late back to work!
I'd recommend the thai green curry, and that's probably about it. Fish finger sandwich always seems like a good idea at the time and always disappoints.

Of an evening, you get some right divs in here. Usually pi$$heads that have been drinking since 5pm trying to pull the ladies with their 'dancing'. It's ok until about 7pm then i'd advise you to move on!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Shockingly horrible place to go. AVOID!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I do not want to dwell too much on a place I witnessed absolutely no enjoyment from but also feel it to be somewhat a duty to warn others of what I saw.

The arrogant bouncers walk around flexing their egos which I must admit is required to some extent in this place having seen 2 fights break out but the worry is the way in which they violently handle such matters which was totally uncalled for.

Another incident I was subjected to is them throwing out a guy for dancing!!!! All I could judge from the situation was that a group of girls didn't like his dancing what was actually unobtrusive upon them but this was enough to get the bouncers their aggressive warm up for the night whilst allowing the same group of girls to instigate a cake fight, throwing cake everywhere which was deemed acceptable!

Having had enough and leading my group out to a more appropriate venue for adults wanting a decent night out, this is where I had the privilege of seeing two bouncers escort a lad out that may well have deserved that but what nobody deserves is once outside and no longer causing further problems, being lifted up into the air and thrown down onto the pavement.

A truly horrible place to be if you want to enjoy a night out and with so many other great places within a 10 minute walk... AVIOD THIS ONE!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Great Horkesley, United Kingdom
“Handy, reasonable and they accept taste card”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

This place is great if you work near Lime Street and need a place where you can turn up for lunch without booking. Also good in the evening for after work drinks as the happy hour is great. Can get a bit too cheesy on Thurs and Friday, but always busy.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere