“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scoff & Banter Bloomsbury

Scoff & Banter Bloomsbury
Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth | 97 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LB, England (Formerly Scoff & Banter, Bloomsbury)
020 7666 2068
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scoff & Banter Bloomsbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,511 of 17,929 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In the heart of literary Bloomsbury and close to the British Museum, Scoff & Banter combines a smart sports bar showing all the live action from the Premiership, and a great restaurant serving traditional British food. The interior features cool marble floors and comfortable leather chairs. On the walls specially commissioned artwork gives a modern interpretation of the Dutch masters. Scoff & Banter Bloomsbury is very popular for pre-theatre dining, being a minute away from the Dominion Theatre on Tottenham Court Road, and just north of London's Theatreland.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was excellent and the service charming and helpful. The waitress Anna was particularly helpful when it came to helping with low calorie options. Will definitely come again.

Visited September 2012
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Scoff & Banter Bloomsbury, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear reviewer,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your dining experience with other Tripadvisor members.
I will definitely pass you comment to Anna who will feel very proud to hear your compliments.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Creation Bar & Restaurant very soon.

London
“Food very good but service over attentive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went for a pre-dinner meal before going to see We Will Rock You. The location is very convenient for the theatre, the food was very good and the restaurant had a good atmosphere.
The staff were very pleasant.

The only thing that let the evening down, and the reason the rating is lower, was the over attentive intrusive service. As another reviewer mentioned....they just don't leave you alone to enjoy the meal. I have never been asked so many times if everything was alright and it became very irritating. In fact, I was even asked before I had had time to pick up my knife and fork. It was such a shame as everything else was great.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear reviewer,

I am sorry to hear the service was too intrusive and I have therefore forwarded your comments to the Food & Beverage Operations Manager.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Creation Bar & Restaurant very soon.

London
“Lovely, relaxing venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have visited Creation restaurant for dinner before going to theatre and we absolutely loved it. Staff are amazing, service is very attentive and the food is yummy :)
They have a big screen in the bar, we managed to watch some of the Paralympics games and enjoy the ambience.
Great venue to visit, recomend for everyone and we will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dining experience at Creation Restaurant.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will definitely pass your kind comments onto the team.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Creation restaurant in the near future.

Regards,

Deputy General Manager
“Great food and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Lovely reastaurant :-) had a lovely atmosphere, the staff were so attentive - customer service was excellent, and the food was amazing :-) will definitely visit again - you must try the pims triffle ' delicious ' !

Dear reviewer,

I really appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience in the restaurant.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to Creation Bar & Restaurant very soon.

Regards,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A Great Find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We recently went to London for the weekend and popped in here for a pre-theatre meal. What a great find!! It's just a stones throw from the Dominion Theatre and others so well worth a visit.

Not only were the drinks half price up until 7pm the food was excellent and great value!

We both had different dishes and I have to say they were all perfect, the homemade bread was a real treat.

The staff were brilliant, efficient and friendly and have obviously been trained to a high standard and what's more they actually looked like they were enjoying their work.

I have no doubt that we will go back again on our next visit to London.

• Visited June 2012
Dear reviewer,

I will definitely pass you comment to the whole team who will be delighted to hear your compliments.
We do indeed have a promotion on drinks which is now available Sunday to Thursday from 16.00 to 18.00