“nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kensington Hotel

You added The Kensington Hotel to your Saves list
The Kensington Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109-113 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5LR, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #33 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

had a great time here it Being there many times but left a review today, can't be anything but amazed! The lobby is so cosy that you feel like at home, the service, perhaps not the most skilled in London, fill the gap with a huge kindness and will to help. Need to mention Eros, great bartender. He mixes like he's born with a shaker. The neighbourhood is very calm and the atmosphere is just too good to be true! My relatives was genuinely happy passing Cristhmas Day. If you want to feel like you never left home, you must definitely come here!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Kensington Hotel for 4 nights the week before Christmas and it was a perfect choice. It's location is an easy 5-10 min walk (depending on how much window-shopping you do) to South Kensington tube, with access to 3 underground lines. The hotel was faultless in every way: the staff were very welcoming and eager to please; the common areas were beautifully decorated in the best Christmas fashion; the room we had was warm and big with a marvellously comfortable bed with equal doona. The breakfast was great, the bar lovely, and the fireplaces were a standout on a cold winters day. I truly look forward to staying again. It was the best hotel I've stayed in London!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed December 2014
Bathurst, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were very tired and it took awhile to get everyone their keys for their rooms but eventually we all were settled in. We had some lovely walks in the park and around the area but we went for walks in small groups. We also were reminded to take cab rides only in black cabs even if it costs more. Lovely in month of may with apple blossoms on trees and sweetness in the air. We bought umbrellas with us on our trips and warm raincoats too. Tours bus drivers often expected each to give money tips so I collected from each person as a friendly duty but some did not like to give but the 20 or 25$ had to come from somewhere for bus driver.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed over for a night when visiting WoK auction, a very professional service with great breakfast. Bedroom okay, a little small, but nice bathroom made up for lack of space. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Frits P, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Kensington for you recent business stay.

We could ask for no better feedback than to know that our guests will definitely be returning, our aim is to build long term relationships with all our customers and ultimately be their “home away from home”. I am happy that the professionalism and quality you experienced will see you return to us and if I can ever assist in any way, prior or during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com or simply ask for me at reception.

I hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The reception staff were very welcoming and though the room was small it was very luxurious. We were attending a Royal Albert Hall concert and was in easy walking distance for the reasonably able. After the the Concert we visited a rather pretentious wine bar with very expensive poor wine, what a welcome to visit the Hotel bar which was warm and friendly and with Christmas decorations very seasonal. Though we were over charged on checkout, we questioned the bill and on breakdown there were several drinks we had not had and even after a refund was still not right. Though this did not detract from our stay and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for writing about your experience at the Kensington.

Whilst I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room, our service and our Town House Bar, I am sorry that your account was not correct on departure and I would absolutely want to address any discrepancies if it has not since been resolved. Would you kindly e-mail me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com with all your details so I can personally ensure we address any mistakes as a priority.

I am thrilled that you would definitely stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we started with the instructions on where to park the car and how to get to hotel. the reception was waiting for us when we arrived and we felt right at home instantly. The hotel is right where the action is in the west central London and all the beauties of kensington, yet we found it to be a quiet oasis in the midst of it all. We slept very well and had tea and coffee and pastries for breakfast served by George before we set off in the morning. Rubina is lovely and we enjoyed chatting with her. We have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to interested visitors!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Kensington, your feedback is important to me and my team and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time in our hospitality.

We want to hang our hats on delivering exceptional service experiences and recognise we can only achieve this through a dedicated, professional and above all caring team of individuals who have a natural ability to truly connect and engage with our customers. Rubina and George are wonderful ambassadors for us and the service we want to be known for and to read you mention them individually and comment so positively on your overall service experience is incredibly motivating for us all, thank you!

Your personal recommendation means the world to me and my team, we hope to be you London home for many years to come and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon..

Frits Potgieter, General Manager

Been to The Kensington Hotel? Share your experiences!