“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kensington Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Kensington Hotel to your Saves list
The Kensington Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109-113 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5LR, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #29 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights in August 2014 with spouse.
Great great location…5 min walk to the underground train station (which is a big plus), right in the midst of wide variety of places to eat and drink, walking distance to the beautiful Kensington Gardens…
Rooms are small (they all are in London/Paris), but adequate (we had the superior room).
Breakfast is decent (you should check if room qualifies for hot breakfast also, ours did).
Very friendly staff who were helpful with directions, and places to visit/eat. The hotel has a nice bar, which is great place to unwind after a day out in the city.
Very nice place to stay in central London, but a bit pricey.
A very pleasant stay overall.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the street for better sunlight
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Frits P, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Kensington.

South Kensington is an incredible location to explore London from, not only is it the heartbeat of Kensington’s Cultural District, with the V&A, Natural History Museum and the Science Museum only minutes away but it also features an eclectic range of independent boutiques and a wonderful array of café’s, bars and restaurants. I am happy to hear Allesandro and his creative cocktail bar team looked after you; it is indeed the perfect way to relax after a day exploring London.

Thank you for writing about your time with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington.

Frits Potgieter, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Greek first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Ii stayed in this Hotel for 4 nights with a friend of mine.
The only thing I can say about that Hotel is I will be BACK
everything in this Hotel is Charming and stuff are Friendly, Helpful, cheerful, as they supported me for everything.
LOVE all of them

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Frits P, Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing such an amazing review following your recent stay with us at the Kensington.

I am delighted that you thought so highly of our service and our team, we want to be your “home away from home” whenever you visit London and I am very happy to hear you will be back!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel has an excellent location, near attractions, excellent restaurants, shopping, and a Tube stop. The staff is universally superb, from the concierge to behind the desk, in the lobby, restaurants, and thoughout. The conceierge especially will move mountains for you, and their bartender is rated one of the best in the UK- seriously. The first floor common areas feature beautiful design and decor. The room bathroom and shower are spacious, with excellent toiletries. My only complaint is that the room was small by American standards, but it fits nicely with European expectations.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Frits P, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest

I am absolutely thrilled to read your brilliant review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about the Kensington.

We hang our hats on delivering exceptional service experiences and to know that you were so impressed with our reception, concierge and bar team is incredibly motivating for us all. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by a team of passionate individuals who are not only consummate professionals but also love what they do; I know they will be thrilled when I share your very kind words.

Thank you for choosing us, I hope we will be your London home for many years to come and I personally look forward to meeting you when you return.

Bedford , England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I eat in their restaurant which is decorated like a very upmarket library in someones stately home ( not a bad look or feel ).
We were waited on hand and foot by the waiter and I had the most mouth watering steak ever.
It is worth the effort to eat there .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Frits P, Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your restaurant experience in our newly renovated Library, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Our Executive Chef, Steve, is going to be thrilled when I share your review, we source only the very best ingredients and believe in allowing the provenance and quality of the produce to speak for itself.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We absolutely love this hotel. Stayed with our family. Location is ideal. Friendly and very helpful staff. Super comfortable and pretty. Home-like feeling, not loud or chaotic. Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Wow, we could not have asked for better feedback than “comfortable, peaceful, relaxing and beautiful”, thank you!

To know that you “loved” our hotel and not only enjoyed our location but also the friendliness and warmth of our team is absolute music to my ears and I am absolutely thrilled that you will definitely return to the Kensington.

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel in a nice, residential area with lots of dining opportunities around. Taking into account that we booked a special offer and got their usual nightly rate at half price (120 euros per night) we were very happy with the value we fot for our money. The reception area, as well as all the common areas are beautiful. However, the rooms are quite small and slightly dated. For a few nights it's pefectly fine but if I had to pay full price I would be a bit disppointed. But then again it's London, where every hotel is overpriced...

BTW, this is a 4 star hotel in my opinion, not 5.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Kensington for your visit to London.

We are blessed location wise, not only are we minutes away from some of the best Museums in Town, the V&A, The Natural History Museum and the Science Museum to name but a few but we are also only a short walk from Harrods and the wonderful Boutique shoppers paradise of Sloane Square. There is also a vast array of traditional and eclectic restaurants, bars and café’s to choose from which makes South Kensington the perfect spot to explore our wonderful City. I am pleased that you thought the public spaces were “beautiful” and I hope our service met and exceeded your expectations. I note your comment regarding the rate and would like to assure you that we diligently compare our rates with the local market to ensure we are always in line and offer value however, Kensington is one of the most exclusive areas in London and due to it’s history, ambience and close proximity to the Museum and Shopping districts do tend to be slightly more pricier.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wollongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

A wonderful hotel for a conference.
This place is neat. Classy and has wonderful food you can eat in a library style restaurant.
We had a small seminar for about 10 people which was just perfect, and recently renovated.
The rooms are not massive, but of high quality, and the location is very upper class english.
Loved it. Going Back.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the road. Great view. Still no noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am delighted you “loved” your recent meeting and stay with us, thank you for writing about your experience at the Kensington.

Having only recently launched our newly renovated spaces I am thrilled that you not only enjoyed the intimacy and ambience of the Study for your meeting but also your restaurant experience in the new Library. We wanted these spaces to be design led, contemporary and yet still exude the classic elegance of the Hotel and our wonderful surroundings in Kensington and your positive feedback is therefore incredibly encouraging.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hosting your next event.

Best wishes

Frits Potgieter, General Manager

Been to The Kensington Hotel? Share your experiences!