“Great hotel in London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kensington Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Kensington Hotel to your Saves list
The Kensington Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109-113 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5LR, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #27 of 1,073 hotels in London
Virginia
“Great hotel in London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here for a week and it made the trip to London very comfortable. The standard double room is small but comfortable, shower was great. The room was warm and cozy despite the cold winter temps outside. The gym is really nice for a hotel gym. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Virginia,

Thank you sharing your experiences with us following your recent stay, I appreciate that these things take time and wanted to offer my thanks.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our gym facilities, I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Vincent O’Gorman.
General Manager.

1,244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent a night in The Kensington Hotel last weekend whilst attending a wedding in London. I don't generally write reviews on hotels but have to say I was really impressed by all the staff in the hotel - from the receptionist when we arrived, the concierge and restaurant staff, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. I hadn't stayed in the hotel since its refurbishment, and found the room (deluxe room) comfortable, quiet and well equipped. The location is fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk from South Kensington Underground, and there is lots to see and do in the local area. Will definitely return again and would recommend to anyone visiting London.

Dear ADublin,

I was so glad to read about your wonderful stay here with us. It is so encouraging to our team to hear such positive comments like your, thank you so much for taking the time out to voice your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed few week before for two days conference stay. They made it memorable & pleasant stay for me.. After a long travel in the flight arrived in the hotel late in the evening.. After all lookin at me the staffs at the desks understood my tiredness and made me not to wait for my check In.. And also offered me options for quick dinner as well. Even booked a wake up cal the very next morning & when I come in the morning for a enquiry of cab service, it was done already ... Amazed!
And also the bar staffs were excellent in hospitality., the ambience of a hotel is definetly appreciated...

• Stayed March 2013
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Catherinejelley,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Kensington Hotel and I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with others.

I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at The Kensington Hotel. The staff was impeccable; polite, well mannered, genuine, and considerate. They came knocking at our door during late evening just to see if everything was alright, and handed us chocolates right after. The rooms were well put together, elegant, and comfortable. You'll find plush pillows, a nice wall mounted flat screen, adequate tea and toiletry supplies, an umbrella, etc. I could rave about the shower for hours. Literally, I have never been under a more amazing (rain fall) shower head. I'm a tall guy, and good hotel showers are hard to come by. The water pressure and temperature control are just perfect. Also, a section of the large bathroom mirror is anti-fog, a nice surprise.

We didn't visit the restaurant, but have heard good things about it. The decor of the hotel is also something to note. They did a great job of staying traditional with an edge of modern, without overdoing either style. All in all, a well put together hotel. I enjoyed its location very much as well, not too loud, and busy like you'd find with hotels near/on Cromwell Road.

I'd be surprised if there were a better hotel for the price. In fact, I can speak from experience (habing stayed at multiple London hotels) when I say that you should go for this hotel. You won't regret it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tahno D,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us,We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your comments let us know we are succeeding.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Kensington Hotel again in the near future.

Vincent O'Gorman
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Kensington Hotel, my wife and I knew the place was special. A sleek modern lobby with welcoming staff greeted us and were immediately introduced to head concierge, Ward Giroux. Mr. Giroux assisted us with daily restaurant reservations, places of interest and when Eurostar cancelled its train service, went above and beyond to make certain we were able to return and even upgraded our new room. Kensington’s manager, Ansis Picka also deserves special mention. His warm nature and pleasant smile was very much appreciated during our unexpected travel plans onto Paris. I highly recommend the Kensington and plan on staying there on our next trip to London

Dear Howardsloop,

I appreciate you taking the time to award us such positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the level of service provided by our team throughout your stay.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kensington hotel soon again.

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Fabulous value at a very high standard staff were attentive without being intrusive, breakfast was very good and the room was very comfortable with nice touches. In a good location near the underground to get around London very easily. It would be hard to find anything better for price.

Dear 70Webby,

Thank you for your kind comments, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel in the near future.

Vincent O'Gorman
General Manger.
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We loved this hotel, it was beautiful, well located, good value and the service was impeccable. The doorman apologised when he was about point two of a second slow in opening the door for me, and that pretty much summed up the rest of the experience. Book! Go! Stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lovethejetfuel,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us, I appreciate these things take time and wanted to extend my gratitude.

I was delighted read your kind words regarding our team. We are dedicated to delivering a discreet yet personal service at all times, your comments serve as a real motivator to our team,

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Vincent O’Gorman

Been to The Kensington Hotel? Share your experiences!