“Lovely hotel at an excellent price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kensington Hotel

You added The Kensington Hotel to your Saves list
The Kensington Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109-113 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5LR, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #32 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Lovely hotel at an excellent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at the Kensington for the Easter weekend, and we all found it definitely lovely. It is a very charming boutique hotel, in a nice location at a good price (I mean, this is London) for the service given.
Rooms all clean and well mantained, soft beds, soft spotless towels, the hotel offers bathrobes, slippers, hot water heater and they even hand you a bottle of water as you check out. They have those fridges that charge you automatically when you pull out the drinks, which I hate, but at least this worked well (usually you get charged when you sneeze too close to the fridge).
Good wireless connection in the rooms, a Mac with printer on the ground floor (you don't get charged for b/w prints) helps printing your boarding passes. There's always fruit or sweets in the hall.
We occupied 4 rooms, all nicely decorated. Room service and concierge, impeccable.
Note: some rooms and some bathrooms are SMALL. But very nice big showers.
CONS: they could not offer us adjoining rooms, so we had to leave the kids in a separate room (else we would have needed to book a suite, but did not know) nearby. No big issue for us, but remember to get a suite if you travel with small children.
We did not have breakfast in the hotel, instead we went to Le Pain Quotidien behind S. Kensington Tube station.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
TheKensingtonHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Mrs McGonagall,

Many thanks for this wonderful review following your recent stay with us.
I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed spending the Easter holidays with us and I have shared your lovely comments with all of our team.

I am delighted to inform you that we will shortly be replacing the current mini bar system for a more user friendly version, I hope this will be in place for your next visit.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington hotel very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I arrived at this hotel, straight from Heathrow, at about 7:25 in the morning, expecting to check my luggage and come back later to check in. I looked (and felt) like a zombie. They checked me in immediately, showed me where the breakfast room was, and were utterly gracious. The public areas are beautifully decorated and this was like walking into the inside of a jewelbox. The only downside is that the room was tiny with absolutely no view - but I really didn't care. All I wanted was a soft bed, a nice bathoom, and a comfortable place to crash after my overnight flight. I got all that and more. I would definitely stay here again, even though it was something of a splurge.

Room Tip: Perfectly located near the South Kensington tube
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am delighted to read that our team took such good care of you and that you enjoyed the whole experience at The Kensington Hotel.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to personally meet you and show you our different room categories on you next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Waterford City, Ireland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Stayed here in May 2010 for 3 Nights with my Wife and two Kids. I could not fault this hotel. Excellent Service, Food and Location. Ideally located for visiting Science and Natural History Museums. Close to transpost links into the center of London

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor guest,

Thank you very much for this excellent review.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Guest Relations Manger
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Checked in Friday evening with a young toddler in tow, greeted at the desk with a warm welcome and was at once put at ease. Lovely comfortable room, tastefully decorated with all the extra touches. Perfect bed added to room for young child and plenty of extra towels etc. Have to say we loved the expresso machine in the room. Staff warm, friendly and refreshing, all meals at hotel were good quality and excellent selection. Location is deal for visiting London with small children and the staff definitely go the extra mile. Turn down in the evenings is fab.......... Highly recommend this London hotel !!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

From the warm hand flannels on arriving to the bottled water for our journey when leaving, everything was just right. Friendly without being fussy, but also very proffesionally organised. So impressed this would be my first choice on any future visits to London.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

The hotel staff and service are excellent. Our room was larger than expected for two beds, but we did upgrade as suggested by the hotel. Well worth the added cost! The hotel is located just a couple of short blocks away from the So Kensington station - super convenient. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call and ask for recommendations
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
TheKensingtonHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review following your recent stay with us at The Kensington Hotel.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

First visit to hotel since 20 million pound transformation from the old Jurys Kensington Hotel. This hotel is everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. From the welcoming reception staff, very helpful concierge and super efficient Duty Manager - nothing was a problem! Large breakfast room with a very generous and varied breakfast fare. Dinner in the Aubrey dining room was no less than you expect from a 'Michelin star' supervised kitchen. The bedroom we had on the 2nd floor was luxurious with super modern bathroomand large flat screen tv. The cocktail bar and lounge areas were first class and perfect after a day out in London. The location of the hotel is very convenient for the South Kensington and Gloucester Road tube stations and many local cafes and bistros.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kensington Hotel? Share your experiences!