“Best Thai Food I've Had in London” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Thai Food I've Had in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This unassuming little place on Leytonstone High Street serves the tastiest, most authentic Thai food I've had the pleasure of eating outside of Thailand.

The staff are very friendly and the decor is your standard local restaurant fare - posters of lychees on the wall and straw place mats.

The food is the main event though. The Tom Yum soup is bursting with lemon grass and juicy king prawns, the Massuman curry had ginormous, melt in mouth beef chunks in its light but full of flavour red curry and peanut sauce and the green curry is just to-die-for. They'll do it exactly as spicy as you want (hot is HOT) and you can bring your own booze :)

The bill for 2 starters and two mains came to £30 - not bad for the standard!

If you live anywhere near Leytonstone, you must try this place. You'll definitely keep coming back. (P.S. get there early or book)

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Haven't been in years the food hasn't changed a bit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I started eating a Singburi years ago but haven't returned for a long while. Last night I returned. . . It was as amazing!
We were there for a quick bite, we started with chicken satay,fish cakes and tom som. The satay was juicy, flavoursome and the peanut sauce had just the right amount of spice, diving into the fishcakes had me thinking why hadn't we back here in years. The tom som was something new to me it was delicious sour, spicy fresh just left me wanting more. Mains arrived in a good time, the bring your own policy on wine and beer is great and if you forget there's a few stores down the high road so don't panic. I chose the beef massaman with coconut rice the beef was full apart amazing and I couldn't help finishing it all, if you have been there you'll know the portions aren't small at all. My girlfriend opted for the prawn and ginger stir fry so good apparently I was not able to try it...
All in all it was great, the waitresses were smiley, happy and helpful. I can't believe we left it so long, we won't be leaving it so long until our next visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went to this restaurant for our aunt's birthday. An unassuming place with an uninspiring decor and absolutely no ambience but super packed with all whites. The food was tasty and comes as a surprise. Please don't ever order super hot, it would make you sweat like hell. Since, we indians think we have quite a good capacity of enduring hot food but we had to pay the price of our over-estimation. the spring rolls were delicious and the veg chow mein was awesome too. The non-veg curries were tried by my cousins and they were very appreciative as well. If you are looking to go for an experience, you'd be disappointed. go there for only food and flavour. When its peak dinner time and the restaurant is packed, it gets very hot and stuffy inside and you can smell the cooking and breathe the smoke. I probably would stick to my local noodle house on lee high street which is much better value for money and better experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best Thai I've ever had! We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have visited Singburi a few times before when I lived in Leytonstone and have never been disappointed. Living only down the road in Newham- after a 7 month stint working abroad- a friend and me decided to pay the place a visit. Honestly, we have been back once a week since! The food is perfection! I highly recommend the Massaman Curry- the beef is melt in the mouth amazing!! At roughly 8 pounds a starter and 3 pounds for a rice, (enough to share between 4), this is an absolute bargainer the quality of food you receive! Also BYOB!!! I really would, confidently, recommend Singburi to anyone! Thelma has always been wonderful on our visits, as have her staff! I must sheepishly say, my last visit was on Sunday (having been to Lambeth country fair we arrived very late!!), with 15 minutes before the end of service the welcome was still very warm and the food excellent- as always! Beware the Prawn Crackers... They are so good! We ended up having about 4 portions of them between 3 people!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very nice restaurant. The food is very nice, but it can be a tad bit hot (so great if you like it that way). The decor might be a little 'outdated' but personally i couldn't care less about the decor as long as the food is tasty and the tables are clean. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014