“A great trip in London and out of London” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 1,018 Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Glen Portch. I offer personalised, private tours of London and Britain for individuals, small or large groups. Tours can be on foot/public transport, by car or by bus for larger groups. Why choose me as your guide? I am the highest rated 'Blue Badge' qualified guide in the London sightseeing listings. The 'Blue Badge' is the highest qualification awarded by the Institution of Tourist Guiding. As such, I am permitted to conduct tours inside many attractions such as Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London.
KL
7 attraction reviews
“A great trip in London and out of London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were a group of 10 people including 3 young kids. We hired Glen as our private guide for 3 full days, one day London city tour, another day to Bath and Stonehenge and one more day to Windsor and Oxford.

Glen had hired a nice 16-seater minibus for us. The drivers were great.

We have great time with Glen, I guess my son won't forget him. Glen was punctual, professional and kept my son occupied. We did not have much time for Glen to tell us the history and details of the visiting places as we were a large group and we always had to pay attention to the young kids and my parents (seniors).

I like to thank Glen and I would recommend Glen's private guide service to anyone.

Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
“London & Windsor Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I would have given Glen a higher rating if I could have!!! He had great pre and post service as well as a wealth of knowledge of everything we wanted to see on our private tour. He was also very patient when we wanted to stop and do the tourist shopping :). We toured with him for about a day and a half on a private tour of London and Windsor the following day. He was also gracious enough to give us "Glen's guide to..." to the other spots in London we were not able to make on the day and a half we were with him. I.E. We did the guard change at Buckingham Palace on his detailed instructions. I would highly recommend Glen as a tour for anyone going to London...especially those that are there for a short time. Worth the money spent!!!

Visited November 2013
7 attraction reviews
“A great trip out of London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were fortunate enough to travel around Europe for 6 weeks this summer. We were traveling with our 21 month old son, so we found that private guides offered us the most flexibility. We booked a trip with Glen to Windsor and Stonehenge and had a fabulous day. Glen even provided a car seat, and never blinked an eye when our little guy got sick in the car... (As a result, he now has some very cute Royal Scottish Guard pyjamas!) Glen began the tour right away, and even though we had been in London for almost a week, we learned a lot from him. He found out we were from a city named after Prince Albert, and gave us lots of interesting tidbits. We are both interested in history, and are generally quite knowledgeable about British monarchs in particular, but we learned a TON from Glen. I wish my history teacher had been able to summarize the Wars of the Roses that succinctly... Windsor was great, the pub lunch was amazing and Stonehenge was very interesting to see. All in all, it was a wonderful day with a wonderful guide that I would highly recommend to anyone!

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Great Tour with Glen!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were a group of 7 and reserved Glen for a full day tour of London in October 2013. Glen truly was a great person to spend the day with. He is very good at what he does and we could not have asked for a better experience. In our tour, he was able to take us to the House of Parliament, Big Ben, the Borough Market (which we loved and visited the following day on our own), Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace (and we saw the change of the guards), Tower of London, London Bridge, Tower Bridge and many other sites. He is also a very funny guy and the entire group enjoyed joking around with him. I would recommend Glen's tours to anyone. Thanks Glen!!!!!!

Visited October 2013
Belleville, Illinois
“Two days with Glen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I flew on the overnight flight to London, Glen met us at the airport at 9 am and we took off on the adventure I had long ago promised my wife. With no specific requests from us, we left the days schedule up to Glen. His knowledge and timing of the events around London was great. Things to do and see on our own wouldn't have happened without him. So much to see, impossible to cover all here, but his mastery of the London traffic and little used alleyways was one of my highlights. Never could I have driven to so many places in a rental car! As Day 1 was winding down, so were we after all the traveling, he magically pulled up right at our hotel.
Day 2 found Glen waiting at the door and we were on our way to Bath & Stonehenge to the west. His route avoided the freeways where possible, instead using scenic side roads going through picturesque little towns, some were actual movie sets, etc. Wondrous gardens, really old churches, and a charming pub for lunch were included which nearly rivaled both Bath and Stonehenge experiences. But Bath and Stonehenge were marvels in themselves, something to definitely see.
Glens never ending explanations while driving at speed was greatly appreciated. His advance description of the "what, where to look, & why" of something just over the next hill was fantastic. I just hoped there wouldn't be a quiz afterwards! So much to take in. We both agreed it is well worth the hiring a professional in these instances because if left to our own uninformed devices, we would have left the hotel, turned "right" and completely miss something really neat when we should have turned the other way coming out the door. As an added bonus Glen gave us this left, right information for our Day 3 "on our own" tourist day in London downtown. He put us on to little pubs, scenic walks, and things going on during the Celebration on the Thames that we got to see, thanks to him. Our London experience set the tone for the next two weeks in Scotland and Ireland. We really appreciated the great introduction to the UK.

Visited September 2013

Been to Gren Tours Ltd? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gren Tours Ltd, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.