“Windsor Castle Perfect day!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 1,016 Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Glen Portch. I offer personalised, private tours of London and Britain for individuals, small or large groups. Tours can be on foot/public transport, by car or by bus for larger groups. Why choose me as your guide? I am the highest rated 'Blue Badge' qualified guide in the London sightseeing listings. The 'Blue Badge' is the highest qualification awarded by the Institution of Tourist Guiding. As such, I am permitted to conduct tours inside many attractions such as Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Windsor Castle Perfect day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I had the best 1/2 day with Susan to Windsor Castle, our only regret was we should have done this the first day as Susan was the perfect host and knows everthing there is to know about London. She shared the most interesting stories ( you won't get these on big tours) was personable, professional, funny and an expert in all things "Royal". Gren Tours was easy to book, confirmation emails back and forth and very helpful with suggestions. We ended up with the perfect guide, Susan! The only way to see London is with Gren Tours.

Visited September 2012

north carolina
103 attraction reviews
“A great 1/2 day with Glen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I had arranged for Glen to meet us at the airport, visit Hever Castle and Chartwell House, and then drop us off in Dartford. It worked out extremely well for us, and we would highly recommend Gren Tours. Glen was very responsive and flexible with our plans and really helped us find the attractions that we could do within the time provided.

Even though our flight was 1 hour early and our visit through Customs was much quickly than expected, Glen was waiting for us. Glen picked us up in his very comfortable Mercedes van and even had cool drinks for us whenever necessary. Glen filled all the time with interesting facts about England and the sights we were going to see. Glen admitted that he didn't visit Hever and Chartwell much, but since we had been to London 3-4 times over the past couple years, these were what we selected to do and Glen was very accommodating. He did use some of the books provided to enhance the facts he provided but this saved us purchasing the books ourselves.

Again, I would highly recommend Gren Tours and we look forward to using Glen again if we return.

London, United Kingdom
“what a great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our group of five were guided by Glen on a tour of Warwick Castle, Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds; it was a wonderful experience combining detailed knowledge of the locations and patient and understanding care of we tourists with a very comfortable vehicle from which we got great views of the passing countryside as we travelled.
Glen's amazing knowledge gave us insights and anecdotes that we could never have experienced without him - even to the extent of an iPad loaded with photos, maps and other documents to bring history and custom to life for us as we progressed on the tour.
As the tour came to a close we passed through London's Baker Street and I mentioned the Gerry Rafferty song of the same name - within seconds Glen had it playing for us! That just summed up the great experience the tour was.
Thoroughly recommended!

Parkland, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“The best way to see London, fantastic team!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family of 5 were in London to visit and see the Olympics. I found Gren Tours through trip advisor and was not disappointed! My email correspondence prior to our trip was excellent in order to narrow down our points of interest, days/times to tour. Every email was responded to very quickly and included so much useful information. We narrowed our itinerary down to 2 days of touring-one full day of a walking tour in the city, and another day to visit Stonehenge and Windsor Castle. Stuart met us at our hotel and we had the best day with our 3 kids aged 14, 15, and 22. His knowledge was superb and engaging to all of us. We got to see Westminster Abbey(didn't have time to go inside because of all that we wanted to get in that day in order to get us to our track and field events at Olympic Park early that evening!), Tower of London(in depth tour of that), Buckingham Palace, changing of the guards(of course he knew how to time this and best viewing locations, which we would never have been able to do on our own!), London Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, and many other city highlights. He took us to a great English Pub-Sherlock Holmes which was very good!
The next day we were picked up by David and went out to Stonehenge and WIndsor Castle, and again, his knowledge was absolutely impeccable. His love for these sights were very evident. He was able to add a few extra treats to my Beatles loving family and stopped at Abbey Road and told us how to create the iconic photo that he took for us--Fantastic way to end our day!
Stewart, David and the rest of the Gren Tours team were phenomenal and we were absolutely thrilled withour experience. Thank you!

la habra heights
7 attraction reviews
“Do England no other way!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Gren Tours in London England is the BEST of the BEST!!! There were 6 of us. Dad walks with a cane. The fantastic journey started when David picked us up at hotel.New MB van. So comfortable. He tailored the day on the feed he got from us. Tour of the town,St Pauls's cathedral,Westminster Abbey. This man (David Hamed) is the most knowledgable Tour guide I have ever come across. We were like sponges to get everything we could from him. He had a lot to give. When you book with them you do not wait in lines. He gets you right in and sometimes he gets a better price if he buys the tickets instead of you. When we returned from our cruise David picked us up in South Hampton and took us to Windsor castle and all the countryside around (Eton). When it looked like Dad was having some trouble he went all the way back to the front and got a wheelchair for him. So wonderful. He then delivered us to the airport with all our luggage (16 pieces!) I cannot say enough about this company and especially David. We will be back and will make sure we have him although I am sure they are all good at this company this company. Thank you Gren Tours.

Visited June 2012

Been to Gren Tours Ltd? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gren Tours Ltd, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.