“Very comfortable room and a bargain !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge London Tower Bridge

You added Travelodge London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Travelodge London Tower Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Goodmans Yard | Lloyds Court Business Centre, London E1 8AT, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #421 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Southport, England, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable room and a bargain !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have recently spent 3 nights in this hotel and would recommend it as a great place to stay !.
The room although small, was very neat and tidy and the bed was exceedingly comfortable !.
The cooked breakfast was a great way to start the day and the staff were very attentive.
The location was excellent (its just round the corner from Tower Hill Gateway DLR station and just a little bit further away is Tower Hill Tube station.
If you want cheap drinks and nibbles there is a Tesco Express round the corner on Mansell Street, which is cheaper than the Hotel ! - also there is a Wetherspoons on the corner of Mansell Street.
I booked my trip 6 months ago and so got 3 nights stay (with breakfast) for £150.00.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to stay just outside the City Centre, but with excellent transport links.

Room Tip: I had room 427 which meant I was on the opposite side from the train tracks that run through Tower B...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was really very dissapointed when I saw my room.
It's so basic that is like a student house, with barely anything and I felt really uncomfortable.
The price is not that cheap to think you are in a kind of motel, and I thought a 3-star hotel would be better than thatt.
I paid for wifi in my room in advance, but when I arrive I had no access and I had to go to reception 3 times and call a number until they activated.
I booked one week in this hotel, and I dont know how to survice.
The staff was friendly though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear sofia m. We are sorry to learn you had an uncomfortable stay with us. We feel our rooms provide all the essentials needed for a good nights sleep, by not providing the extras means we can keep our costs low and continue to offer great rates in great locations. We are also sorry to learn you had issues with the wifi, the wifi service is provided by a company called Arqiva and we will let them know of the problems you received.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I know it is a Travelodge but no hand soap is a bit shocking to say the least.; So if you are staying at this hotel make sure you pack some.
Location is good for tourists mainly as it is just few minutes walk from The Tower and Bridge; and there are plenty of cafes, restaurants and pubs nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Travelodge last weekend. The rooms are basic, very clean, with a large comfortable bed.

The reception staff and restaurant staff were all very helpful and friendly. I did not take a hairdryer and my husband asked at reception and they readily obliged.

Breakfast is more than adequate and good value for the price.

The rating above is a little unfair, because I would put good, rather than average. In central London for the price the hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just returned from trip taking 6 west country friends for a weekend to my home city my choice of this hotel was a good one because they all enjoyed it,they all agreed the rooms were good,the breakfast was good,the staff were good,and it was great value,high recomendation from a group who like 4 star hotels.
The new makeovers that are happening with Travelodge are very good,and this one appears to have a good team running it,the iced lemon water at reception is a small touch of class.
Would recomend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Perhaps it's because I'm a Northerner, but I still find it hard to believe you can get a nice room with en-suite in one of the most expensive cities in Europe for this price.
I've stayed a couple of times & have always found the staff to be very welcoming & helpful.
Hotel doesn't claim to be 5* but have stayed in worse hotels that do!.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stay in Travelodge hotels fairly regularly and they are consistent. You know you are not going to get any frills but you get a good bed, hot shower and enough room at a fair price. They are always clean and well presented but their locations can mean that you get road noise or trains past your window. Sometimes you get lucky (as I did recently) and find youa re in a room which looks over peace and quiet

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!