“fAULTY TOWERS.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge London Tower Bridge

You added Travelodge London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Travelodge London Tower Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Goodmans Yard | Lloyds Court Business Centre, London E1 8AT, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #418 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Gilmerton, null, United Kingdom
“fAULTY TOWERS.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked 5 rooms 4 2 nights.When arrived 2 of the rooms had people in them [after we had walked in ,might of been embarassing if we had not got out quick].There was painting going on while we were having drinks,must admit we all .thought it was funny watching them paint round the pictures etc .Two of the rooms were actually getting work done in them when my friends went back 2 change in the afternoon.ON the last night there was a massive queue as there was a fault and nobody could get in there rooms .The rooms were clean ,some staff could not understand us but others were nice .We had got a really good deal when we booked early then found out somebody had paid £70 per room more per night what a shame 4 them.

Room Tip: If u have a room at the back its good if u like listening 2 trains .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Bradford uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here on business at the beginning of August 2013, it was booked for me at the nearest Hotel to my temporary workplace.

I haven't stayed at a Travelodge in years due to a lot of previous bad experiences, I did however try to stay optimistic. I arrived at 6.30pm and booked in without much issue. The room was very neat and tidy, but was ridiculously thin and was bordering on claustrophobic. I tried to open the window for some fresh air but was greeted with 2 tiny and utterly filthy windows (that didn't open beyond 2" wide.

I decided to get out of the room and go have something to eat in the bar. The bar was clean and fresh, but is very very basic and feels more like a university cafeteria than a hotel bar. I ordered my Chicken strips, Chicken Burger and White coffee and took a seat. A staff member came over a few minutes later with my "coffee" which actually had no coffee in it. It was a tiny cup of grey frothy gunk which tasted of plastic. I took the coffee back to the bar and asked if they had any filter coffee..... to which I was given surprised looks. The guy walked over to the tiny auto-coffee dispenser and looked on the front for (I'm guessing) "Filter Coffee" He came back over and said "Oh no one has put any coffee into the dispenser" and then brought out a huge tub of granulated coffee I have never heard off and filled the machine back up.

A few minutes later my Chicken Strips turned up and were a little greasy but tasted ok. The Chicken burger was greasy and rock hard one side. I just left it and got a couple of fruit bars out of the vending machine and went back to my room.

I decided to try and make the best of things and had a shower, the hand rails had rust on them and the shower head was filthy! I had my shower, tried off and tried to switch the TV on.... there were no batteries in the remote control (???????). Funnily enough I had some with me in my Computer Network Tester, so I left them some batteries.The TV picture wasn't great so I turned it off. The bed was reasonably comfortable but because the room had no fan, no aircon and you can't have the window open (busy noisy road) I was a little hot.

I was hoping breakfast would be it's saving grace but sadly I found their "Full English Breakfast" to be less than impressive. There was no cereal left, a few scattered remains or stale buns, doughy value loafs and a single rusty toasting machine. The Cooked breakfast was just some several plastic tubs with dis-coloured Bacon, grey scrambled eggs, deep fried frozen sausages, overcooked dry beans and dozens of grilled tomato's. No black pudding, hashbrowns, no mushrooms, no fried eggs...... and the same horrific "Coffee" machine. It did however have some cold tinned grapefruit and orange segments which I had with a muller Yoghurt.

In conclusion If I had been staying here with my mates for a stag do and I was paying £25/night I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but I wouldn't ever stay here again on business. If you are unfortunate enough to be stuck here..... try and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lincolnshire England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times always with an online offer. The first 2 occasions were fine, room was clean and basic. The third time I was given what can only be described as a cupboard. It was impossible to sleep due to trains passing outside the window every hour or so. I would stay here again but be a bit more selective with the room location.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

A lovely hotel and so central, lovely room, clean, spacious, polite smiling staff, only have one little niggle we would have liked to have had a small set of drawers for our smalls and socks instead of having to rummage through our cases. We will definitely be coming back again in the future and have already started to recommend this hotel to family and anyone else who wants to know how our weekend went.

Room Tip: For a budget Hotel you really can't go wrong. Had a ground floor room on railway side but hardly...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. Bathroom was adequate. Bed very comfy and two very plump pillows each. Room had kettle and tea making facilities. A phone would have been useful as we had couple of queries and as we were right at back of hotel, it was quite a treck for something small! This said overall a nice hotel with friendly helpful staff. It was close to tube station and had weatherspoons and a lovely pub (minories) just outside the door. Tesco express and sainsburys also nearby :)

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We chose a travelodge because hotels in London are expensive and often not what you expect. We were travelling with our 10 month old boy on a mini-moon break following our wedding so wanted somewhere that we knew would be accessible with a pram, would be clean and quiet and with a travelcot. Staff were efficient, we were originally put in a room with just a shower and asked to be moved to a room with a bath for our infant, this was done at no hassle, we also asked for cutlery one evening as we had ordered a takeaway to our room, again this was given to us freely. We were out of our room all day and into the evening so we didnt need luxury, we needed clean and comfortable and that is exactly what we got! I would stay again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked last minute, found price reasonable for London & location. Kids breakfast free which was good. Friendly helpful staff when we arrived at 10pm - rescued my dying iphone as they had a charger, was so grateful! Room quite big & spotless. Bathroom clean, although very tiny. Changing temperature on shower was a bit tricky, nearly burnt myself but managed eventually. Generous with pillows, comfy bed. Little bit noisy outside but we expected that from location. Kettle etc in room so was good for much needed cuppa. Could have done with phone in room as had to keep going down to Reception with a couple of queries which was a pain. Breakfast basic but nice. Restaurant area clean. All in all would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Travelodge London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!