“Outstanding customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marlin Apartments Limehouse

You added Marlin Apartments Limehouse to your Saves list
Marlin Apartments Limehouse
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   577 Commercial Road | Limehouse, London E1 0HJ, England (Formerly Marlin Apartments Mission Court)   |
Ranked #66 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It is not very often that you encounter customer service and honestly thought this was a phrase from a bygone era, let alone in this day and age.
Well I am happy to report that it is alive and well at Marlin Apartments in Limehouse (Mission Court) and Gabby is a real person ( yes I met her ) not just a computer generated reply, that you see responding to comment's on this site.

Initially I encountered a problem with my booking through another web-site. The rooms reflected on it were from another hotel completely.

Suzanna, who was on duty at reception, was absolutely fantastic. Instead of fobbing me off with excuses, she would have been perfectly within her rights to do so, set about rectifying the situation. Her only concern my comfort after an extended 19 hour flight to London. Her professional demeanour throughout, was astonishing and that which I have only experienced in 5 star hotels, way above her call of duty. My problem resolved quickly and efficiently.

For the next 4 days, all I encountered was friendly smiles, extreme helpfulness and excellent service. Nothing was too much to ask !

The rooms are excellent value for money, well maintained, and close to the DLR railway station as mentioned. Great location for getting to Excel centre or anything on the East side of London.Taxi service right next door. Shops nearby if you have any requirements from a self catering point of view and one of the best coffee shops I have been to for ages on the corner.

Congratulations to Suzanna, Gabby and Andrea ( also on reception ) you really did your company proud. I can assure you, as a result of your excellent service I shall be back using your apartments again. I just hope your customer service team get to read this as well.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Room Tip: By preference I would go for a room overlooking the garden as it is quieter there and slightly more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gabby E, Manager at Marlin Apartments Limehouse, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear happy traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is an absolute delight reading your very complimentary comments about the staff and the service that you received whilst staying at Marlin Apartments Mission Court. It gives me pride and pleasure to share your lovely comments with my colleagues. My team and I strive to deliver a truly memorable stay with exemplary customer service .I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon. Yours sincerely

Regards

Gabby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have probably stayed at these apartments more than a dozen times now and will keep coming back whenever we stay in London. The location is very convenient, just a few hundred yards from Limehouse DLR station. Unlike other reviewers we have always found the staff to be very friendly and responsive. Whenever we have had a problem (cracked toilet seat, broken toaster, etc) once we have reported it the staff have fixed things very quickly.....but you do have to ask! Sometimes I wonder if they have a room maintenance programme or whether they rely on the cleaning staff to report problems. This is one area that Marlin could improve. The rooms are all of a similar design and quality but they do vary quite a lot in terms of outlook. For us the best rooms have a balcony and over look the Canary Wharf complex. The views are stunning, especially in the evenings. On the other side of the complex you have views down Commercial Road towards the City, again quite stunning. Some of the rooms however are in the middle of the complex overlooking a interesting courtyard but these views are less spectacular.
The cost of these apartments is often less than a single room in a hotel so they are very good value. Prices do increase at peak times like half term but otherwise they are very reasonable.
Although these apartments are on a busy main road, all the rooms are double glazed and traffic noise has never been a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gabby E, Manager at Marlin Apartments Limehouse, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Peterplato

Thank you for your constructive comments and we are delighted that you are a regular customer and keep coming back! We do try to provide a high standard of service to our customers, as well as being good value for money as you have pointed out.

Our policy with regards to checking apartments is that we have an experienced room checker who checks all apartments and I myself check apartments as well but sometimes we may experience maintenance issues which we rely on third parties for assistance.

We have noted all your comments and I can assure our maintenance programs have improved.

Please do use our 24hr concierge team who are there to assist you and to ensure you have a comfortable stay.

Looking forward to your return

Gabby Eckersley
Mechelen, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

A friend recommended Marlin Apartments to me and I was very pleased I took her advice. The rooms are large, you have a fully equipped kitchen and a spacious bathroom. The DLR is nearby so it takes you to Central London in no time. The downsides? Be aware that you have to make "payment" when you check in, in reality the money doens't go off you credit card, but is 'locked' until you check out & leave the room in good shape. The area around the apartments isn't as appealing as the building itself. A bit rough, but I haven't had any problems when staying there. The rooms are a bit pricey, but you do get a lot of space and thus comfort in return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gabby E, Manager at Marlin Apartments Limehouse, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Louis D

I am glad you have enjoyed you stay and found the location to your satisfaction. However since you depature the surrounding area has improved with new shopping facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely

romford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was here during the Olympics and enjoyed this hotel.The rooms were clean,and the staff was absolutely amazing,very friendly and explain everything upfront,they are available all times if you need any extra information or help getting around.While it was not in Central London,it was literally next to the DLR and it took no much time into the City Center.
I recommend this hotel to anyone going to London,and hope I can stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IDear myra 380

I am particularly pleased that you found our staff friendly and “absolutely amazing”.
We do always try our best to provide excellent accommodation at a value for money rate.
Hopefully, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Wishes

Gabby Eckersley
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I don't often stay in chain hotels but we booked this as we were due to attend a festival in the Docklands area.For London I was pleasently surprised at the cost and the room was decent,clean and check in hassel free and quick.Basic provisisons are provided:shampoos(of good quality),tea bags,coffee,sugar.The staff was friendly and helpfull at reception.The DLR line was 3 minutes walk away.I would highly recommand this hotel to anyone going to London and hope I can stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear greenfield88

Thank you for your kind and positive comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff friendly and helpful and the apartment “decent and clean”. We await your return to Marlin Apartments city Docklands.

See you soon.

Gabby Eckerlsey
Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Marlin Apartments are a row of refurbished flats, obviously of different sizes and layouts, some with nice views, others with lots of annoying street noise all day and night. No facilities on site, not even a lobby. There is an elevator but you still have to take some steps, so there is no wheel chair access.
The apartment we stayed in offered more space than a typical London hotel of the same price level, had a modern bathroom and functioning kitchenette, with lots of equipment including a dishwasher but almost no plates and cutlery.
Reception staff showed a wide range of degrees of service- mindedness, to put it kindly, from friendly to unpleasant.
A row of cheap fast- food eateries are just across the street, and a pleasant cafe is situated on the next corner which serves breakfast (the Marlin doesn't). The area is pretty rough though probably on its way of being gentrified. The street outside didn't feel safe at night.
On the positive side it is less than 5 min walk to Limehouse Light rail station which is just a few stops from the magnificent Docklands to the East, and 2 stops to the Tower tube station towards the city.
Would we come back? Maybe - if we got a good deal (prices I understand fluctuate a lot); but we were not really impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from busy Commercial Road
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabby E, Manager at Marlin Apartments Limehouse, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Kurt,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback with us and for sharing your experience of service you have received. We pride ourselves in offering excellent customer service and I am very disappointed to hear that you did not get the true Marlin experience.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our central location in the Docklands area. We also have other Marlin properties located in central London.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us and please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you in your future bookings.

Regards,
Gabby

Been to Marlin Apartments Limehouse? Share your experiences!