“Delicious but slightly confusing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushinho - CLOSED

Sushinho
312-314 Kings Road, London SW3 5UH, England (Chelsea)
020 7349 7496
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Kings Road/Old Church Street
Transit: South kensington/Sloane Square Tube Station. Bus routes 11,19,22,49,319
Description: sushinho (pronounced su-sheen-yo) is a combination of the word sushi, the well-known Japanese dish of raw fish, vegetables or pickles on seasoned rice and -inho, a uniquely Brazilian / Portuguese suffix meaning diminutive, younger. smaller. Brazil, is home to the largest population of ethnic Japanese living outside Japan, giving rise to the creation of Japanese dishes imbued with exotic Brazilian influences and ingredients. Celebrating this culinary fusion beloved of disceming Brazilians and foreigners alike, sushinho's menu and interiors will inject flavour, zest, warmth and spirit into central London's multi-faceted food and drink scene.
sevenoaks
“Delicious but slightly confusing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I decided to book a table here for my 4th wedding anniversary and was pleased I did. The food and service were excellent from start to finish. We arrived early on a Saturday evening so initially the atmosphere was somewhat wanting but it soon livened up. Our waiter confidently guided us through the menu and wine list and we were soon enjoying delicious cocktails, sashimi and the unforgettable rolls. I don't think I've ever had a more delicious mouthful of food than the sushinho rolls - 'a must' if you go. My only minor quibble was that I did find the combination of Japanese and Brazilian dishes somewhat confusing. My wife is Brazilian so I'm very much aware of the Brazilian-Japanese connection and that was part of the reason I sought a table here. However that didn't appease the sense that we were eating two cuisines in the same meal - each delicious but still distinct from each other. On booking I thought there would be more fusion of the two cuisines but instead Sushinho offers either Brazilian or Japanese dishes, not a merging of the two. That said, I would not hesitate to return even if Sushinho made a bit of dent in my bank account - it is in Chelsea after all.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Excellent food made by one of the best female Chefs in the World!
Small and quirky but only on the positive side! Delicious food!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pricey but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This isn't traditional nor the best Brazilian food you are going to find in London, but for a classy night out with great cocktails, good ambiance and great service this a good option. I stick with the feijoada and lots of fancy drinks. The rest can be a bit bland given what good Brazilian food should be.
Th drinks at the Kings Road location are exponentially better than the City location fo some reason (not even the same cocktail menu).
The staff is great and look after you.
Brace yuorself for the bill - but this is London!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced and OTT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Innovative concept on paper, but doesn't do the job: food is average and way overpriced, service is OTT and Brazilian influence is invisible

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marbella, Spain
“Not Convinced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went for dinner and a cocktail a few weeks ago. Was quite disappointed! Food was tasty, nothing to get excited about, but wow is this overpriced! For such small portions as well! You have to order LOADS to feel like one corner of your tummy has been filled - especially if going here for dinner.

The bill came and we may as well have eaten at one of London´s finest restaurants.
Although we had a fab evening due to the company, we won´t be going back.

PS: To top it all off we couldn´t even order more food as the kitchen closes SUPER early! Our booking was at 9m and by 10 they were wrapping things up in the kitchen. Not ideal for a supposed "trendy" bar-scene restaurant on the Kings Road...

• Visited June 2013