“dead centre of tower hamlets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park

Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park
Soanes Centre, Southern Grove, London E3 4PX , England (East End / East London)
+44 7904 186981
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #728 of 2,327 things to do in London
ireland
68 attraction reviews
“dead centre of tower hamlets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

once again i found myself with some spare time in E3. My cousin who lives nearby and I went to see the beautiful flowers and plants growing amongst the headstones, really pleasant way to spend forty minutes or so

Visited May 2013

London
20 attraction reviews
“Not worth visiting unless you have a lot of time in London...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Pretty average place nothing much special about it. It's quite tranquil with all the trees but the number of "kids" walking in groups around it doesn't make for the safest place to go. I woul hang out in Victoria park instead.

Visited March 2013
Croydon, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“Great place to volunteer for a day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My company allows us (and encourages us) to take a day out of work to volunteer or a charity. For the second time my team decided to go to the Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, where, under the watchful eye of Ken, the only employee of the charity, we hacked and weeded and collected rubbish for a day in lovely green part of east London. Ken is one of those truly passionate people who loves what he does, supported by his lovely and very obedient dog. Great place for a day';s volunteering or just for a quiet walk.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A haven in the middle of a mad place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I visited Tower Hamlets cemetery park after I was introduced to the "Magnificent Seven" Victorian cemeteries in 2011. I have been a tour guide at Highgate for a while but wanted to visit all seven of the cemeteries. What I love about Tower Hamlets is the peace and quiet, the mix of history and nature and the work they do to bring look after this green space, making it a sanctuary for birds and wild life. I went on the nature tour of the park, on the third Sunday of every month at 2pm they do a walk around, sometimes this is history based and sometimes nature based, both very interesting. I enjoyed my visit so much that I decided to become a tour guide there, so if you pop in for a visit you may well meet me, I would be delighted to take you around!

Visited October 2011
East London
3 attraction reviews
“My favourite green space in East London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

This is one of my favourite open spaces in East London. If you like Highbury Cemetary then you should definitely try visiting Tower Hamlets Cemetary.

You seriously wouldn't know that you were even in London. It's a full on woodland and nature conservation area.

There is a highly dedicated and active volunteer network who help maintain the park and as a result it's clean, litter free, and pathways are well maintained.

There's some amazing birds, plants and fungi to spot and regular tours around the park, led by volutneers, where you can spot and identiy different species.

The park changes dramatically through the seasons and dogs, by the way, LOVE the park - as do their owners!