We stayed in the suite at the York and Albany hotel for one night in December 2012. Overall we had a great stay, and there were a few highlights (some positive, some not so positive).
First, the good stuff:
- The room itself was large and very tastefully decorated. There are glass ceilings in the bedroom and bathroom that flood the room with light during the day, and make it feel very bright and airy.
- All the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the service was generally very good. We had excellent service in the bar and restaurant, and the staff juggled things around to get us a good table on a very busy Friday night, despite the fact we hadn't booked in advance.
- The hotel is in a perfect location - 5 minutes walk from Camden and overlooking Regents Park
There were some bad bits as well:
- While there was a TV and DVD player in the room, there was no iPod dock (only a very small point, but we've come to expect this over time..)
- The hotel is on a very busy main road and there is a lot of traffic noise. This absolutely wasn't a problem for us, but if you are a light sleeper you may find it difficult to get peace and quiet there. Other rooms may be better in this respect.
- The sink in the bathroom drains very slowly, and the lights leading from street level up to the entrance to the suite were not working, which made the journey a little treacherous at night. We reported these points to the staff in the morning, and they gave every impression that they would be looked into (which is generally a good sign!)
Honestly, these are very small drawbacks for us, and we had a wonderful stay. The suite at the Y&A is a great place to hole up and disappear for a few days, as it is very private and comfortable. We will definitely be back to stay again very soon!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.