“Go To Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Go Native Earl's Court

You added Go Native Earl's Court to your Saves list
Go Native Earl's Court
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   181 Warwick Road, London W14 8PU, England (Formerly Think Earl's Court)   |
Ranked #156 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Go To Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was a new experience for my girlfriend and I in taking a city break. We have stayed in hotels in London before and by and large have come away disappointed for one reason or another but normally the rooms tend to be no bigger than the bed. Having seen what Go Native have to offer we thought we would give it a try as they a looked pretty good standard.
So on arrival we were greeted by helpful reception staff who allowed us to book in earlier than the schedule booking in time. The room we was given was clean, surprisingly spacious and well equipped. It was great to kick back and relax on a sofa, eat our own prepared breakfast at a dining table and use the integrated dishwasher. For us it gave us freedom to do what we wanted in our own room for eating, snacking or having drinks before going out in the evening. All the facilities were in good working order and clean. The only one criticism was there was no air conditioning and it seemed there hadn't been for a while. So basically the room and the corridors were very stuffy and warm. The mind boggles to how many people had breathed in the same air in our room as the air is not circulated or filtered, nor do any windows open.
We will definitely stay in a Go Native again as it seems a better experience than hotels.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Because of the prices you pay in London I didn't have very high expectations for these apartments based on their price value. However I was blown away on arrival. I book a studio apartment for myself (25yo female solo traveller) and it was huge! I have seen pictures of single accomodation at the likes of ibis, etc and I was expecting a bed and not much else. Really this apartment was everything I needed, and more! However if you are seriously going to critic the place you could pick on the finishes, but really for the price you are paying you really can't comment on the architraves, etc. All in all, the place was huge for London standards and well worth every penny. I challenge anyone to find a better place for this price.
Logistically it was about 5-10min walk from the earl court station and as I'm a jogger, it was perfectly located near Hyde Park for morning runs. Also staff were wonderful!! Super cheerful and happy to chat.

• Stayed February 2015
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were a family of four and stayed for 7 nights in a two bedroom apartment. The entire 7 nights costed us less than AU$1000 which is a fantastic price!

Go Native is 10 minute's walk to the Warwick Road side of Earl's Court tube station, really convenient. The Earl's Court Road side is the busier side with shops. Tesco is literally a 2 minutes' walk away and it's huge! There's a large variety of food at very good prices.

Everything in our room was very clean, new and modern! Beds were a good size and comfortable, bathroom was bright and kitchen was well stocked (no salt and pepper though!). Being able to set how bright our lights were was really convenient.

Would've been great if reception had some adapters though, I'm sure we weren't the only people who would've needed one. Also you get a piece of paper with a username and password for each device to use their internet ... apparently they gave a mobile phone one to our macbook which is why it didn't work and there was quite some fuss until we figured out what was wrong. It also took some time to get just one page of printing done but that can't really be blamed on them since it was the computer that refused to detect my USB :/

A small point but this was the only place where they actually matched the tickets we have to the tickets on our luggage when we were taking them back out from luggage storage :)

We definitely enjoyed our stay and would come back again next time :D

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Experienced a very disappointing 3-month stay here with my wife and baby. Not sure this can be totally blamed on the recent change in ownership and there are some serious shortcomings in the way this place is run.

For the price, this is a total rip-off. Don't be fooled into thinking "oh well this is London so price is expected to be high". This is not representative of what you can get or should expect here - I lived in London for 10 years up until 2014.

Positives: *Location is excellent - good access to tube, train, local shops and major landmarks.
*Also the cleaning staff are very friendly and helpful.

Negatives: *Rooms are prohibitively small - expect no more than 12 inches from your bed on each side.
*Furniture is sub-standard, very worn and often damaged/malfunctioning.
*There are some serious issues with communications between all the staff. Our room wasn't ready at check-in (they were cleaning) - we agreed to come back at the time they said it would be ready (not many people would o that) and it still wasn't ready...or so they thought. The reception staff seemed to be unable to talk to the cleaning team to find out.
*I eventually gave up on asking reception about maintenance issues. It took 3 attempts to convey that we had a broken washing machine. During this time they sent a heater and a kettle instead. The new washing machine didn't fit the space meant for it so we were left with an un-closeable cupboard intruding on the already-miniscule space.
*Lightbulbs slowly depleted during our stay at the rate of one per week - 6 separate complaints to the desk made no difference whatsoever so we spent at least one month in near-darkness.
*There is no heating - and nobody seems to know why. Although I have to say the reception area is always lovely and warm. They sheepishly provided a small portable electric heater.
*There is ventilation in the bathrooms (extractor fans don't work). This would explain all the mould in the bathrooms.
*Frighteningly, when we checked-in there was an electrical alarm clock with an "In Date" electrical test safety certificate which clearly had had a fault because the casing had melted. A shocking and frankly dangerous example of fundamental mismanagement on behalf of the management.

To sum up, I feel disappointed that I have given these people so much money for such poor service and facilities.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kensington / Earls Court really isn't one of my favourite areas to stay in London - the hotels tend to be overpriced and average or lower priced but awful. It was where I needed to be though and Go Native popped up in the search at a very reasonable price. Looking at the reviews which were a bit mixed I figured it was for only one night and worth a try.

Location-wise it is really good, near to everything you need in the area, transport, exhibition centre, sights etc. Check-in was a breeze (even UK residents need to show photo ID - glad I read that bit) and the room was big, although only a studio. Only downside was that I had been allocated an accessible room designed for guests with disabilities. I often travel with my Mum who needs such a room and I am sure she would have been delighted with the enormous wheelchair friendly wet-room but it wasn't ideal for me and if I had been staying longer would have asked to change. On the upside I can say the facilities for wheelchair users are very good!

Loved the kitchen facility, almost disappointed that I didn't need to use the washing machine or dishwasher! Reception were very helpful in answering any questions I had instantly. No problems with heating in the room, although the hot air does seem to be connected to one of the lights! Actually had to turn the radiator down over night. Bed perfectly comfortable and noise level not bad atall for central London. Lovely White Co toiletries in the bathroom and unusually shampoo and conditioner which is quite unusual!

Travelling alone and absolutely ready to collapse, it was ideal that I could pop to Tesco a block away, get a readymeal for the evening and breakfast for the morning to put in the fridge and cook it in my room. Didn't smell the room out atall which was great. There is room service available at very reasonable prices for London, from the restaurant over the road.

I was going to rate this 4/5 because of the accessible room allocation but these guys went the extra mile for me and got that 5/5 score. I left my Kindle in my room. After I called them, the housekeeping staff found it, it was then boxed up, I emailed a courier label and they got it back to me and for that help it's a 5/5 from me.

I will definitely look at using Go Native again, especially if travelling with our son as we can treat the room as our mini-apartment in London - perfect.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Guest Services G, Guest Relations Manager at Go Native Earl's Court, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello

Thanks for leaving such a positive review , it's great to hear you found the location and convenience of the apartments suited your needs.

We have passed your comments to Front Desk team which was greatly appreciated.

Let us know if you want to return, you'll be very welcome back with us at Go Native Earls Court.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a great place for chilling out in London. It's clean and tidy and the staff are very well trained and helpful. Very good value for money. Made a nice change to be self contained. Rooms very well equipped.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Nancy

What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice feedback. We we so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Birmingham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed in many hotels in London we thought we would give an apartment a try.

Go Native is very conveniently situated just a 5 minute walk from Earls Court Tube Station where you are warmly greeted.

The apartment is clean and spacious with all essentials to hand and within a minute or two reception rang to ensure we were happy with our apartment.

The bed was extremely comfortable. It was nice not to have to go down to the restaurant for breakfast.

Whilst it was not a nuisance to us - there was a generator out on the street which I am sure would keep light sleepers awake at night - so if you want to avoid this inconvenience ask to be in an apartment away from the generator.

When we checked out reception held our suitcase whilst we did our sightseeing.

Would we stay again - without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the generator if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello

thank you for a great review. Really great to hear you enjoyed your stay at Go Native Earls Court.

We we glad to read that you found your apartment well equipped and enjoyed the comfortable bed.

In regards of the generator outside the building, unfortunately that was not in our hands to deal with the noise issue as the generator was used for emergency road work.

We hope to see soon at Go Native Earls Court.

Best wishes

Been to Go Native Earl's Court? Share your experiences!