“comfortable apartment, no luxury” 4 of 5 stars

Think Earl's Court
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Warwick Road, London W14 8PU, England   |
Ranked #397 of 1,073 hotels in London
Oneonta, New York
“comfortable apartment, no luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A very clean apartment with everything you need. If you have stayed at some other apartment optons, i.e. Aston's you will definitely appreciate Think. Ten minute walk from underground. Only complaint- I had booked directly with the hotel and requested a high floor. I was given the apt on the lowest floor possible next to the elevator. The other problem was the bed and sofa had been too well broken in. Even so, these apts are very suitalble and much better than others I have experienced. The 24 hours reception was another big plus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philippa W, On behalf of Jim Souter at Think Earl's Court, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think Earls Court. We were pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next journey to London.

We aim to provide our guests with a home away from home experience including all the necessary facilities needed such as a fully fitted kitchen, washer dryer, iron and ironing board for example ensuring our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I have passed on your comments in regards to the furniture in the apartment for my colleagues to examine the condition and replace. Where possible should guests make us aware of specific requirements, like you did, we always endeavour to accommodate and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion it was not possible.

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next journey to London.

733 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

These apartments are brilliant. Very room, fully equipped with a fitted adequate kitchenette, sitting area, dining area, shower room and a double bedroom. The kitchen also had a dishwasher and a washing machine/dryer. Hair dryer provided too and plenty of crockery and cutlery. As someone mentioned there is a big tesco within 100 yards from the apartments and it is open 24 hours a day. The staff were very helpful although I didnt realise I was paying a £50 deposit on arrival. Good job I had just been paid! The nearest tube station is probably Hyde Park, although I did get off the train at Kensington High Street and then had a pleasant walk to the apartments, which took approximately 20 minutes. But very nice shops along the High Street, nice restaurants, a cinema too. The road however (Warwick Road) is a very busy street and noisy on a night up until about 1.30am, but the rooms are so comfy, and the bed is too, I easily got off to sleep on the second night of my stay. I think, having stayed here, I would much prefer to stay here again instead of a hotel room. It is far better and the price is comparable. Actually I got a good deal for two nights, not sure if I would get it again. But its better to search on the internet for a good price on this place than book directly. I will be more than happy to come back and stay here again. The rooms were very clean and staff are happy to help in anyway.

Room Tip: Choose an apartment at the back of the hotel for quietness. You will not have a good view of the ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philippa W, On behalf of Jim Souter at Think Earl's Court, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think. We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to take this opportunity to comment.

I would like to highlight that the closest tube stop is in fact Earls Court (District & Piccadilly Lines) with fantastic access to Heathrow and transport links to all of London. The location of our Earls Court property is ideally located a 10 minute walk from the underground station. It is encouraged that guests exit on Warwick Road rather than Earls Court Road, then the property is a 10 minute leisurely walk or alternatively there are a number of bus routes just opposite the station which will stop directly outside the property (328, C3 or C1). Should guests need any assistance with directions then we have a 24 hour Reception available who would be happy to help.

Within our booking confirmation and on our website along with our booking provider websites we detail that we do indeed take a £50 security deposit upon arrival. We apologise if this was not highlighted at the time of booking or within your booking confirmation. Please bear in mind we offer parity rates across all our supply channels though if you have a special request do use our web online enquiry forms and we will ensure you have a very enjoyable and good value return stay.

Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback and on behalf of the Think Team, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Yass, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at these apartments for 6 days. Having two bedrooms even though in one space was nice as our daughter had had to sleep in a fold out bed on a cruise ship for a while and was glad for a bed. Two toilets and showers were FANTASTIC!! even if the lights did tend to turn off in the middle of a shower though they turned back on again quickly with a wave of the hand.
Hubby liked having a kitchen to cook for himself having shopped at the next door Tesco and we all liked having a washing machine and dryer ( even if the dryer took a very long time if you didnt put in only a very small load.) I liked the cold air conditioning and the lift was good. Best of all were the fabulous front desk staff always friendly and extremely helpful.
The location was pretty good with two choices of bus routes and the underground... both a bit of a walk away but after having been cruising we needed a daily walk to work off all the food LOL!! The only unfortunate problem was the ridiculously low couch/ lounge, nothing like in the pictures in the ads. Very difficult to get down and up and only one person could really sit on it at a time to watch TV at the end of a day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: The room I described above was a double american on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think Earls Court. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and would like to take this opportunity to comment.

The location of our Earls Court property is ideally located a 10 minute walk from the nearest underground station (District & Piccadilly lines) with fantastic transport links to all of London. It is encouraged that guests exit on Warwick Road rather than Earls Court Road, then the property is a 10 minute leisurely walk or alternatively there are a number of bus routes just opposite the station which will stop directly outside the property (328, C3 or C1).

We aim to provide our guests with an enjoyable home away from home experience including all the necessary facilities needed such as a fully fitted kitchen, washer dryer, iron and ironing board. Should any facility not be working as it should then we encourage guests to contact a member of the team so that we can address and fix it. It is important to note that we made the conscious decision to opt for lower furniture in order to optimise space within the smaller categories of apartment. I have however passed on your comments for our Interior Designer to consider during our ongoing refurbishment program.

Since receiving guest feedback in regards to the motion sensor lights we have in the bathrooms, we have recognised that although adjustable the lights are too sensitive and because of this we have discontinued sensor lights from the 4th floor upwards and will be installing standard switches throughout however this is an ongoing process.

Thank you once again for your feedback and on behalf of the team at Think Earls Court, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next journey to London.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice staff; very clean; well equipped rooms (full kitchen, in-room laundry, ironing board etc.); it has all you need! Tesco is next door. Especially useful for extended stays. They can also organize a car service is a well maintained Mercedes S-Class.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Think Earls Court. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience and have passed on your comments to be shared amongst the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

New Zeaand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have just completed an 11 day stay ay Earls court and have enjoyed the set up of the appartment and the srvice received from the staff. We had to move on two occasions not through any fault of the appartments, but all luggage and food was transfered without any issues. Everything was available within the room, which made thing so much more easy. Supermarket just 2 mins away and plenty of eating facilities within 5 - 10 minutes of the apartments. Overall the stay was excellent

Room Tip: The rooms may not appear as per the brochures, so be specific in what you choose
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think Earls Court. We were pleased to read you enjoyed your Think Experience and have passed on your comments to be shared amongst the relevant departments and their teams. On behalf of the team at Think, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next journey to London.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well i had high expectations when booking the Think. Very good reviews, nice website, nice pic's etc...

The hotel is very modern and distinctive from the outside. Staff are friendly and helpful at reception so it was a nice check in process.

The apartments are spacious and very modern. However room wall's are not solid and are lightly plaster-boarded so when walking down the hall you can hear people talking in each room. The design of the apartments was a big let down. The bed was directly in front of you when you open the apartment door, so not very private nor very well designed, whilst as the living room and kitchen was on the other side of the apartment next to the window, where the bedroom really should be to get proper day light. Without the lights above the the bed the bedroom area is a bit dark as the only light coming through is from the hallway from the windows in the living room.

The apartment was very clean, with a very nice bathroom and powerful features. Internet was free which was a big bonus and the TV had freeview. The kitchen was fully equipped with all the extras you would require. Sofa was very comfy.

Sadly one more thing let me down during my stay, after staying across the world, Dubai, Bangkok, USA, In my own home country my room request was not acknowledged sadly. I requested a high floor with a view facing the main road, sadly i was given a very low floor with a view of one side street, which i was not very happy about.

Overall a very modern and luxury apart hotel just the bedroom design & lack of acknowledgement was a big let down, otherwise i would have gave Think 5 star on all levels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think. I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and would like to take this opportunity to comment.

Within this category of apartment, although compact, they do accommodate all the necessary facilities required in a home away from home. These apartments are not all designed in the same way so should a guest prefer a particular design then we do have floor plans available and our Reservations and Front of House Team will be happy to assist with this. Although some of our apartments are designed with the beds against the wall to the corridor, it should not affect our guests. Within our apartments we endeavour to provide our guests with a home away from home experience including all the necessities for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Noted from previous guest’s comments, it has become apparent that some guests slam their doors and unfortunately cause unnecessary noise to their neighbours. It is important that guests contact a member of the Think Team to notify us should anything be affecting the overall enjoyment of their stay so that we are able to swiftly and effectively rectify this.

Our Interior Designer along with our Product and Development team are continually looking to make improvements to our current product, taking the feedback from previous guests to keep it in line with our guests’ needs and requirements. I have passed on your comments regarding the configuration of the apartment to our Interior Designer to take into account during our ongoing refurbishment program.

Wherever possible we endeavour to accommodate all accommodation requests like level of floor but unfortunately this is dependent upon occupancy and requests cannot always be guaranteed.

Thank you once again for your feedback and on behalf of the Think Team, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My colleague and I stayed at the 181 Warwick Rd, location for 7-days (10/20-10/27), while there for business. My experience staying at 'Think' was non like I have ever experienced before. We were moved out of our room that we had confirmed through Saturday morning (10/27). My personal effects were moved without my permission and in the process lost several items. Upon my arrival back to the hotel, I tried to resolve the issue at hand but was unable to come to a solution. At check-out, I also tried to address the issue but once again the applicable manager (GM- Peter Castelijn) was not there.
Upon returning to the U.S., I have left several voicemails and emails non of which have been returned. Being a paying customer in a service industry, it absolutely blows my mind in the manner in which this has been handled. I have traveled all around the World and have never had an experience like the one being described.Hopefully, this will reach the appropriate party and we can reach a solution to the issue.
Best Regards

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think Earls Court. I was sincerely saddened to read that your overall stay was affected due to us being unable to accommodate your extension in the same apartment and would like to take this opportunity to comment and share my investigation.

Since speaking with our General Manager, Peter, our Front of House Manager and her Duty Managers it is clear that at the time of your stay we were running on a very high occupancy. Wherever possible it is our aim to ensure all our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay without disruptions or inconveniences made however on occasions such as this it is difficult to prohibit. It is clear from my investigation that my colleagues did make contact with your booking agent and also made contact with you directly leaving a voicemail on your mobile and speaking with you directly. They wanted to ensure you were made aware that we could extend your booking however not in the same apartment and that we would need for you to pack up your belongings in order to make it easier for us to move your belongings in your absence. In the case where this has not been done then we make the decision to ask a Senior Member of the team to assist with the room move so that they can check and verify that the room move has been completed and no items have been forgotten. It is clear that at no time has any contact been made with our General Manager since the Night Manager gave you his business card however you had a few encounters with our Front of House Manager, Katri. We apologise that you feel that the service you received did not meet your expectations and would like to reiterate that on no occasion would we avoid responsibility as we abide by the laws provided by the Hotel Proprietors Act and we do acknowledge this in the Compendiums made available to every guest in every apartment. Our apartments are surveyed with CCTV along with being monitored by Security and Duty Managers. The safety and security of our guests and their belongings is of upmost importance to us which is why we take extra care when moving belongings to ensure no item is left in the previous apartment.

We are currently in contact with your booking agent and are working together on a satisfactory solution for all parties.

Chief Executive, Think Apartments

Been to Think Earl's Court? Share your experiences!