“Hotel was literally perfect, and not bad for Excel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pilot

Save Saved
You added The Pilot to your Saves list
The Pilot
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   68 River Way | Greenwich, London SE10 0BE, England (Greenwich)   |
Special Offer
Trip Advisor - 10% off
Ranked #52 of 517 London B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Hotel was literally perfect, and not bad for Excel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Paid £150 for double room

This hotel was perfect in every way... when I arrived I was greeted by very friendly lady and shown to my room. The room looked lovely and had everything I could possible want, from chocolate on the pillow to real coffee.

The bed was so comfy I was very tempted to ask where they had got the mattress from!

Now the location although literally perfect for a night at the O2, I was working at the Excel for a couple of day and with the new cable car when booking I thought it would be the perfect place to stay esp as I was booking so late. The only problem was that the cable car was not running on the night turning a 15 minute total walk on foot into a 40 minute DLR & Tube & Walk, which was not good considering I had to leave rite after to meet people back at the Excel and ended up paying £20 for a taxi. The next morning it was fine and had a lovely trip back to the Excel.

Also forgot to mention the breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
amersham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here with my wife so that we could go to a concert at the O2 .
Our room the General Wolfe Suite was simply the best we have stayed at in London- very comfortable and quiet + being really well stocked with goodies and extras- even an umbrella was provided in case of bad weather for the short walk to the O2.
We had Lunch when we arrived(good idea to pre book as the Inn was packed) and the food was fabulous with service that was exceptional- Breakfast the following morning was also great.
Friends came with us and they loved their rooms and raved over the food as well.
The Pilot is within a very short walk(10 minutes) of theO2 and has a good free car park in front.
We will with doubt come here again - I cannot recommend The Pilot Inn enough- dont miss out !

Room Tip: The General Wolfe Suite is excellent
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here after a trip to the O2.. It's literally a 10 minute walk to the venue so very convenient!

The inn itself is superb. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the room we had (Harrison Suite) was well sized and very tidy. There was a lot of tea/coffee options and the bed was hands down one of the best away from home I've slept in, including central London 5* hotels.

Any time I'm going to the O2, I'll be staying here moving forward. I missed out on breakfast as I was sleeping, but the options looked great!

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed December 2012
Hove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Really nice comfortable well equiped rooms, with complimentary chocolate, biscuits and bottles of water. Yummy breakfast in the morning and all the staff were very helpful and friendly :) Excellent walking distance location for the 02.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

All in all, the Pilot Inn is a fantastic location for the O2, had clean rooms with nice added touches (I have never stayed in a place where you get so many freebies, such as different tea, hot chocolate, coffee (filtered if you like), sparkling water etc etc). We stayed for the tennis and we watched two games; one in the afternoon and then in the evening. The Pilot was so near that we could go back in between for a freshen up. We also ate there before going back to the O2 in the evening. The food was amazing. I had cod with tomato and chorizo and asked for it with mash instead of new potatoes and they didn't quibble. The breakfast was nice too. The downside for us was our window was open slightly and we left it like that because it was so warm in the room and my husband had a bit of a disturbed sleep because of the planes from the airport (it didn't bother me cos I wear earplugs due to the husband's snoring!). I did find the room hot though, but I guess I could've searched for the radiator and turned it off...we would stay again, perhaps if I go to a concert or something.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely room, helpful staff, good facilities. The "broken" telescope mentioned in another review was a nice quirky touch and it does (sort of) work, but too cloudy for stars.
Breakfast was excellent, and the added touches such as chocolate bars, good coffee and bottled water were nice.

• Stayed November 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A stones throw away from the O2 and the room had everything we needed. Close to the Emarites cable car / bubble, under ground and Thames Clipper Service - which is also excellent. The room was not over big but really cosy and quaint - had absolutly everything you needed including an UMBRELLA. Just can't fault it also the actual Inn had a good menu, we just didn't have time to eat there but next time - and there will definetly be a next time we will . I would say though that it wasn't cheap but its location is Perfect!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Pilot? Share your experiences!