“Had a very good stay and good staff !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park

You added Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   78-84 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UH, England (Formerly Royal Sussex Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 2 NIGHTS GET 10% OFF
Ranked #485 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Shanghai, China
“Had a very good stay and good staff !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had a good stay twice at this hotel, the location meets my requirements, clean and comfortable. Good staff, very helpful and always willing to help, special thanks to front office team, Chetan, Alina and Ravi. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: You need to request a bigger room, few small rooms were also available based on requirement.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

It was classy
The stuff are very helpful they changed my room when I asked for immediately as it was a single bed while we were two friends.

Room is small but classy and manageable.

Very good location. Near edgwar road.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The bedroom and shower room were very small, but clean and comfortable. Location near to Paddington is convenient. Tea and coffee facilities in the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good value hotel for it's location.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Other than a rather small bathroom everything in this hotel was good . The staff were helpful, breakfast good, rooms well equipped and very clean, fresh flowers in most areas were a nice touch. Would stay again

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, thank you ever so much for having shared this fabulous review!

I am thrilled that your experiences were exceeded on all fronts throughout your stay with us, and greatly look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your travels take you to London, and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible to further enhance your stay.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The staff were amazingly friendly and very helpfull. The room we were in after changing from the first one they gave us was fantastic and a good size. The room (both) were very clean as well. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London, thank you ever so much for having shared this fabulous review!

I am thrilled that your experiences were exceeded on all fronts throughout your stay with us despite your concern about the first room. We all are greatly looking forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really should have read the reviews when others noted that the rooms could be small. I don't think I realised how small they could make them!
From the advertised pictures the hotel looks to have an entire street frontage but it actually travels deep and not long at the facing. This means that some rooms are down or up slight stairs into rear extensions etc.
Our room was a second floor room which was at the end of the corridor, off a stairwell and down a flight of stairs in an extension between floors.
But that's ok, because there is a lift. A lift which had an alarming amount of travel when just climbing in. The doors then juddered closed and it seemed to have to think about the exact amount of force it would need to require on every journey as you'd be left a few inches below floor level before it had decided to travel to your floor.
The room was small. I could fit alongside the bed and no more, I couldn't actually fully open the wardrobe as the bedside cabinet blocked the door's path. There was no chair at the dressing table, which was in a way a blessing as any chair back would have restricted the width further requiring a crab walk or mounting the bed to pass to the wardrobe or alternatively the bathroom.
As a full grown adult I could not comfortably sit on the toilet comfortably. I could snake my leg between the joists underneath the sink or sit somewhat side saddle, but not in the customary position. Using the shower was novel as well as the door slid counter intuitively to provide the least amount of room to enter and exit wedging me against the sink before and after bathing. The shower did offer me a novel selection of the fixed overhead waterfall shower or the common removable head and Hose.
The bathroom sink had a slight issue with drainage as the hotel outfitter clearly sided with style over substance seemingly neglecting to ensure adequate water drainage through the plug hole and no amount of fiddling, jiggling, twisting or pushing seemed to help matters. This meant that after shaving the sink slowly drained to leave a lovely layer of hairs in the sink.
The air conditioner in the room was fantastic but thankfully someone had thought ahead in the eventuality that it could break and skewered a rusty nail into the moveable window and secured it via a thin chain to the ceiling. This unique fixing caused a few minutes of aggravation when attempting to close the window as you had to get the chain just right to jiggle it free of the nail.
The staff however were lovely and helpful when called upon. Very professional. The room was cleaned every day for us while we were out and the hotel was beautifully presented at all times.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger club rooms and the lower numbers seem to be more likely to be on an actual floor...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park for your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read about your stay at the hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as this helps us to improve our service and product.

I am really pleased at the same time to know that you were happy with the warm hospitality by the amicable staff and overall décor of the Hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback and Please contact me directly for any further reservations and I shall make sure we restore your faith back in us.

Best regards
Wallasey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Service could not be improved. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Staff should all be commended for being so friendly and welcoming- nothing was too much trouble. The cleanliness was impeccable, breakfast was excellent with great choice and I really liked my rool.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Shaftesbury Metropolis. Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Metropolis, London as your preferred destination.

We are extremely delighted to receive such a positive and heart-warming feedback about your overall experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel and the warm hospitality by our amiable staff.

It's customers like you who keep giving us the positive feedback which definitely gives our team members the thrust to perform even better.

On behalf of our entire Team here at Shaftesbury Metropolis we thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to London.

Kind Regards
Hotel Manager

Been to Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!