Having stayed at a different Shaftesbury hotel and absolutely loving my experience there, I had high hopes for this hotel. The location is great and the reception staff VERY welcoming and helpful, but my basement room was incredibly stuffy and somewhat worn down and the only window I had led out into a corridor. The internet connection in my room was not very reliable and I was only informed after check-in that the air conditioning was not operating. The walls of the room were also very thin - I could hear water running in the next room whenever my neighbours used their bathroom, which, coupled with the sound of footsteps from the floor above and people shuffling to the restaurant for breakfast was very disturbing early in the morning. Unfortunately, I can't help but compare my experience here with its sister hotel where I paid much less and had a far more enjoyable stay. Breakfast at the Metropolis was generous and decent but not that great. I am thankful I paid a discounted price because I do not believe a basement room is worth full price (if they are all like the one I stayed in).
- Also Known As:
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.