You know your in trouble when you ask a London taxi driver to take you from Paddington station to the hotel and he has never heard of it (5 minutes away). The hotel is in a road with a number of similar hotels all with fancy names and dubious star ratings. When we found the hotel the receptionist informed me that as I was staying for 3 nights I had been upgrade from a single to a double. I went down to my room in the basement which looked clean and tidy if a bit small, after 30 seconds I started to wonder what the humming noise was I opened the curtains to find a triple glazed window with all the hotels extractor fans just two feet away. As it would have been impossible to sleep in the room I went upstairs and asked to be down graded. In all fairness to the staff they upgraded me to a club room which was nice but very small with an even smaller shower room. The rest of my stay went smoothly and the staff were always very friendly and liked to help. Considering the price of the room at £144 a night I did not think it very good value.
- Also Known As:
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Otel and Venere so you can book your Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.