“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   78-84 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UH, England (Formerly Royal Sussex Hotel) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #550 of 1,069 hotels in London
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this property last weekend, (19th-21st July) and have only the highest praise. From the moment I approached the reception desk, I was greeted warmly, and nothing was too much trouble. My room ( 008 a club room) on the ground floor was very quiet, well appointed, very comfortable bed, and being able to make a cup of tea ( with a biscuit to enjoy) was a bonus. The bathroom, although very small, was very clean and lovely fluffy towels. The breakfast was excellent, great to see fresh fruit salad and a bowl of fresh fruit, and plenty of choice.
At all times I found the staff to be most helpful and welcoming. I would definitely return here and recommend it to my friends.
Pauline, New Zealand

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra and have a Club Room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to personally thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your comments to all staff.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here on night 23 July 13, within walking distance to Paddington (5 mins). I found the staff very friendly, arriving at 8am they stored my bag for me as I wasn't planning to return until 6pm. Quick checkin room very clean and well maintained. Only disapointment was having an inside room (010) but for one night not really a problem. Good selection of food for breakfast and a late night pizza delivered within minutes. Entry has a large step and din't spot disabled access but there may be.Price of the room was almost a 3rd of the cost of the Hilton metroploe just around the corner where my meeting was being held.

Room Tip: Avoid room 10 if you want natural light
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. We work hard to keep our all guest satisfied & I am sadden to know that you did like our ground floor rooms as they are equally spacious with all necessary amenities as well as big windows.

However, I completely understand your needs & I request you to please contact me before your next stay so that I can allocate you a higher floor. You can email on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Look forward to see you soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Have just returned from my fourth stay at the hotel in as many years. All the staff from the highly personable Manager Mr.Gupta; to the front desk; the breakfast waitresses;the room staff were very pleasant and efficient. The location is ideal for overseas visitors. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Sussex Gardens are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.
We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit , will look forward to see you soon & for any assistance please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com
gif sur yvette
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

single room on the road side too noisy. excellent decoration & bathroom facilities & confortable bed. small room but it was exactly as it was shown on the web side. professionnal reception but without persannal care. It was perfect for on enight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to noise, I request you to please give us another opportunity to arrange quiet room for you in future.
Banbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading previous reviews was a bit wary, however we have no complaints whatsoever. It only took a few moments to check in and as we were early they stored our bags safely until we returned later in the day! The room was extremely clean and the staff could not be more helpful. The rooms are small enough but everything you need is there! We had two rooms one being a club room which was larger and more than big enough with a fridge and a microwave.
As we had a very early flight on departure the staff kindly arranged some yogurts and fruit/ cereal etc as the kitchen was not opened so early. Very accommodating. Excellent location.

• Stayed July 2013
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Ms Karen,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and also for your lovely feedback. Your feedback means a lot to us as we judge ourself's on purely guests feedback.

Your feedback has been shared within whole team and we feel proud that we were able to meet & exceed your expectations with us. We completely understand how it feels, when you have a long & tiring flight to go back home whole day and before that moment its vital to have your breakfast, so arranging breakfast for you prior to time was our pleasure.

I'm sure you would love to choose us again and again for all future visits to London. Kindly write to me prior to your next arrival and I'll do my best to arrange a Club room again at no extra cost.

Regards,
Gurpreet Singh (gurpreet@shaftesburymetroplitan.com)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and a collegue was travelling down for a meeting and we was originally booked into a partner hotel near Hearhrow airport. After discovering this was not convenient we asked reservations if we could move to a more centrally located hotel. At first I thought I was going to be charged a fortune to move but the simply just dealt with it and moved us to the metropolis near Hyde park. The hotel is situated close to paddington station making most of London very accessible. With changing hotel I was unsure whether I would get the club service I had booked in the other hotel but everything was perfect and included. The rooms were lovely and the hearty breakfast in the morning was delightful. The staff were very accommodating and friendly it felt like you'd known them more than just the short time we had. I must especially mention Monica and Ahmer who were very friendly and polite. The metropolis exceeded my expectations even looking after our bags after we had checked out and gave us somewhere to chill out and have a coffee before departing for our evening flight. I will definately be staying at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone travelling to London for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I had a most unpleasant experience in a hotel in Bayswater on 10 July 2013 and I needed to find more suitable accommodation for our last day in London. We found Shaftesbury Metropolis on the Internet which was close by. As soon as we entered the Hotel in the morning and spoke to Monica on 11 July 2013 we felt at home and that our needs would be met, and she could not have been more helpful, and we immediately changed hotels. We were able to leave our suitcases for safekeeping until our room was available, and the room was well appointed and very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was excellent and we were able to check out at 1pm the next day, and transport to Heathrow was arranged by Monica, and cases were stored again and delivered to the taxi at 5pm the next day. As a traveller one wants to spend time enjoying a place like London, and that means you need a hotel that looks after you, so that you can focus on that enjoyment, and I cannot recommend Shaftesbury Metropolis highly enough.
Chris Lenz, Brisbane Australia

Room Tip: Check that the hotel has a lift and that it is not on a busy road, and if it is, that the room is ai...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback in regards to your recent visit at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel.

We all were delighted to know that we were able to meet & exceed your expectations with us. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Kindly contact me for all your future visits to us and I'll make sure you are sound & comfortable.

Kind Regards,
Gurpreet Singh
gurpreet@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Been to Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!