I was looking for accommodation for one night only, not far from Paddington and tube, to see play in West End. I booked a double room for £63 which I thought was an excellent price for a decent-looking London hotel. Having said that I was getting cold feet, thinking that you get what you pay for and we were probably walking towards a rundown tired old hotel (despite the shiny website photos).
Anyway, I was relieved, though still not confident when we arrived in a smart and modern reception area. Nice staff. We were upgraded to a club room (in the basement which i would never choose but it did have windows despite my initial concerns!) Lovely bed, large flat-screen tv, clean but very cold bathroom, with great shower. plenty of space..although didn't see the standard double rooms so no idea what we would have had. Very good cooked breakfast choice, in canteen-style 'restaurant'. We were able to leave luggage for the day after checkout, so we didn't have to drag it around all day, which was helpful. Not bad for £63. (but I would be interested to see standard rooms and would always ask for a club room on this experience)
- Also Known As:
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Otel and Venere so you can book your Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.