I have stayed with this group of hotels a few times and for the price it has been overall a good experience.
But this time is the last I will be staying with them.
First the hotel I wanted to stay in was moving me to a "sister hotel" as works where being done on the hotel.
At first upset but the receptionist was polite and being in the industry, things can happen so let it be.
Got to our new hotel and the rooms are tiny!
I know it is cheap but please.
Two people cannot move around in them. Couldn't open our suitcase without putting it on the bed.
Room stank of of damp.
Bed was broken.
Didn't have a good nights sleep at all.
Returned one night and had lost my key.
Asked if I could get a new key.
Got one straight away.
All they asked was for room number and surname.
I could have been anyone, they didn't ask for a ID proof. Being in the hospitality industry, I know it's the most common way to steal all the possessions of a guest.
And when checking out, the receptionist was too busy sorting bills and papers for even spare five seconds to look at me and give me a smile. I felt like I was bothering them, when I was just checking out, which is what guests do!
As I said other hotels in the group are nice but this one is the one that let's all that hard work go to waist.
- Also Known As:
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel
- Shaftesbury Metropolis Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.