I want to caveat that my review is based on a combination of price and hotel quality. What I mean by that is that the easyHotel is not a Ritz Carlton - so don't come to this hotel thinking it is a steal of a price with Ritz type of service. But, if you are traveling with friends or family, here are some key things you will want to know about this hotel:
1. The location is very good. You are just a block from Paddington station - but the block is nice, clean and safe. There are pubs and restaurants all around the hotel - but not right under or immediately next to it. This means you won't have drunken people wandering around and making noise outside the hotel at all hours.
2. The rooms are clean.
3. The price is great given it's location.
4. There is a 24 hour desk attendant. So you feel safe knowing someone is always on duty or can answer any of your questions.
There are some things you need to accept in the hotel given the price you are paying. I found them not to be an issue - but others could:
A. You get a bathroom with a shower, beds, and an optional TV. No dresser. No night stand. No big sink to lay out all of your toiletries. For me, I want to go and see London and just have a place to come back and sleep. If you are the type of traveler who likes to lounge in the hotel room for a while, just keep in mind the easyHotel is a "bare minimum" room.
B. The door to the hallway seems a bit thin. So you can hear people who come and go in the hallway. However, keep in mind that the hallway doesn't have dozens of rooms in it. Probably at most you share a hallway with 6 other rooms. So I only heard one or two people come and go during the night and it wasn't an issue for me.
C. You pay for anything that isn't a bed or bathroom. Want a television? Costs extra. Want fresh towels every day? That costs more too. This didn't bother me at all either since I was only there for 3 nights. But other guests may be put off by it.
I had a room on the top floor in the back which was extremely quiet (not next to a street and you just overlooked rooftops of buildings).
So, I will definitely stay at the easyHotel again given the price and location. If you are on a budget - staying a few days - and want something more than a Hostel but don't need all the frills of a fancy hotel - you should consider staying here as well.
- Also Known As:
- Easyhotel Paddington Hotel London
- London Easyhotel Paddington Hotel
- EasyHotel Paddington London England