“What no ironing board!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #477 of 663 Specialty Lodging in London
Kenilworth
“What no ironing board!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location but parking a bit of a problem as it's mainly residential permit holders only. I was okay with the stairs to the 3rd floor but others lessa bkle may struggle especially if they have heavy luggage. No evidence of a lift! The room itself was great but I was disappointed with the lack of any ironing facilities - essential for any business traveller. There was no manned reception so I had no means of asking anyone. The one main gripe I have is the fact they attract you with a rate and then it's only right at the very end they add VAT on which then makes the "deal" less attractive. Overall, happy with the accommodation and would consider using again especially at weekends to bring the family down to London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was in London for a girlie reunion weekend and wanted a place that could accommodate 5 of us together. The apartment was perfect size and location for us and really good value divided by 5.

However it was very poorly maintained with peeling paint, plastic wrap over broken tiles in the shower and broken blinds and door knobs. There was no reception/service which was fine for us as we know our way around London and just used it as an apartment.
I would not stay there again and don't recommend it for tourists who need some guidance in London.
Also for 5 of us arriving at different times, we had to be be there and communicate with each other to let in and was charged 10 Pounds for a 2nd set of keys.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in mid June and early July (stayed twice). Arriving from Heathrow airport the first time, we couldn't get much information from Kaz (the manager?) due to the poor quality of the cell phone he was using. The hotel itself was very nice but was poorly maintained. We stayed on the top floor the first time where there was a leaking pipe from the bathroom sink. There was water damage to some of the walls/ceiling and the locks to some of the windows were damaged. Attempting to wash my clothes one morning, none of the washing machines worked and I had my clothes locked inside for the day. The next morning, I was delayed leaving the room due to my clothes being soaked and had to pack them anyway. We were leaving that night and needed somewhere to put our bags and so left them behind the unattended reception. We kept the keys since we needed to get back in later on (and because there was no checkout information/attendant/notice to be found). On arriving in the evening to pick our bags up, we were confronted by Kaz and his wife and told not to take the keys next time, as we had sorely inconvenienced them. Turns out they had no spare keys and didn't really care that my clothes were soaked due to their incompetent maintenance of the place. They also charged me 20 pounds for leaving our bags behind the desk. On leaving, we reminded Kaz that we were staying again in 3 weeks time and he confirmed the booking and told us he was looking forward to our stay.

At this point, we had already booked the second stay so we had to go back. On arriving the second time, we could not contact Kaz for 15/20 minutes by mobile - or in person since he hardly ever attends his own property. Upon contacting him, he asked for my name and booking number about 10 times. At first, he told me that I did not have a booking - but after some shouting and stern talking with him, he remembered that in fact we did. He told us he would be 1 hour away - and didn't seem to care or apologise for the inconvenience (we had just arrived on an international flight with several backpacks). We left the bags behind the desk and went to a dinner/movie. On arriving at the hotel later on, he didn't charge us the baggage fee (amazing!) and we were allowed to stay/sleep.

I will never go back to this place and don't recommend that you do either. Do not support laziness and incompetence - especially when you couldn't stay at a nicer/more comfortable/more reliable place for a lot less! I have stayed in $15/night hostels where the staff were more helpful/nice.

Kaz even had the nerve to ask us to leave him a review, just after paying our 20 pound (unavoidable) baggage fee :)

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were visiting London for the first time for the Olympics and although worried about
the Apartment as we had no response for our queries we were taken aback by the sheer
luxury of the Apartment.

Our Flight had been severely delayed and arrived at 46 Draycott Place around 11pm at night.

The Manager Kaz was patiently waiting our arrival and helped us into the Apartment. He made
sure we understood all the functions of the Equipment and stayed around in case we needed
any assistance. With his help we were able to order food and he made us aware of all the local

shops that we could utilise.

The day service was superb and we met Kaz quite often, as our daughters had taken to him.

An excellent location and me, my wife and the kids would recommend this Hotel to any visiting
Guests.....

Room Tip: book in advance
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santander
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We are three friends that we went out to London for 4 days (12-16 august) and we had a bad experience with the hotel manager because we arrive a bit later and we paid 10 pounds, but in the hotel there wasn't any complaint book and we don't have any document where appear that amount. We want speak with the hotel manager last day but he didn't want to come to speak with us and he hung up the phone. We do not return to this hotel because we are deceived, we lost 10 pounds and we think that this hotel should not appear among those chosen in your page to book, All hotel have complaints form by law.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

west midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel I booked for the 4th August 2012 through Agoda I got a confirmation to state I had a Room. I then tarvelled 2 hours on train to London. Got to the apartments , realised no no reception. Just a door buzzer! I Tthen tried contacting the manager , only for him to say we dont gace your bpooking, I told him i had a confirmation i d number and that i travelled 2 hours to get here and now your telling me you not got my booking hew then stated he will get in touch with agency and didnt get back in touch only and leaving me stranded in the streets. they were quick enough to take payment which I am now getting back.

i tried calling hotel several times beforehand to find out about my booking no one ever answers! I even left voicemails for them to call back but no one responds.

dont book! simple i never will and thank you for ruining my night out with my friends!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Draycotts of Chelsea? Share your experiences!