“Busy Indian restaurant In the center of Greenwich !” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Busy Indian restaurant In the center of Greenwich !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Walked around the small square around 730 pm , this place was the busiest. Can be seated either upstairs which is a little tight or have a romantic dinner downstairs. The Karai panner and spinach with garbanzos had a lot of distinctive flavors, shared a naan. The meal had us pretty stuffed, as an appetizer had the papadamas which had a good pickled sauce, sweet sauce and yoghurt and mint. Friendly staff. Does not take Discover card despite the sticker on the door.

Visited October 2013

KL
“Good value indian restaurant within Greenwich market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

After walking around Greenwich market, we found this small place and was not disappointed. Try out the Goa Fish Curry. Helpful waiter

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“High quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I’ve been to Mogul once with my friends, and have ordered takeaway from them numerous times with my friends. It’s certainly up there with the best Indian food that I’ve tasted. Although it’s on the pricey side, you’re definitely paying for that extra quality. The restaurant itself is lovely - the atmosphere is lively, the service is fantastic and the décor is great. I would definitely recommend – either the takeaway or the restaurant – if you’re in the Greenwich area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent
“Lovely Curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Mogul was recommended by a friend. I went with 5 other friends and I was not disappointed. The staff were very helpful. The dish I wanted was not on the menu but they made it for my anyway. It was a gorgeous chicken pasanda and tasted quite unlike any other pasanda I have tasted. It was very reasonably priced too. I shall be going back with my husband next time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best avoided if you like indian cuisine!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My local take away serves much better food at a fraction of the price!

I wanted to treat my niece who is french, for her first time in London. She had never had indian food before. Having been at the Mogul a few times before myself, I thought it would be a safe, nice introduction to indian food. What a disappointment!!!!
the poppodums were OK, but there was only three dips, one being the sliced onions which seemed to have been left over from the night before. I had a chicken curry that tasted like it had been made from one of those sachets where you simply add boiling water; I wanted a 'hot' curry and was served a dish which managed to be, at the same time, bland and laddled with black pepper - absolutely gross. I think I have not had a worst dish since the last time I stupidly tried the 'curry' in a greasy spoon caf twenty years ago....

The food was absolutely vile - even a school dinner lady would do better, and this would be enough, but, to add insult to injury, the waiter (a rather 'older' man) thought it appropriate to insist over and over trying to find out where my niece was from (she is mixed race french) and despite her saying she was french, he insisted over and over, saying that 'she could not be french' - I tried to brush him off but he did not get the message. It was really bizarre, especially when ten minutes into our meal, the whole kitchen crew started walking up and down past the window, gawking at my niece!!!!

A really really disturbing experience, coupled with a really badly cooked meal, makes me take to the internet to warn others... avoid like the plague, you'll have better food at almost any corner take away, don't bother the the over priced Mogul in Greenwich!

• Visited July 2013