“Oh what a lovely stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of No. Ten Manchester Street

You added No. Ten Manchester Street to your Saves list
No. Ten Manchester Street
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   10 Manchester Street, London W1U4DG, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #157 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Hove, United Kingdom
“Oh what a lovely stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We have just come back from staying at Ten Manchester Street in Marylebone, what a lovely time we had! We were very apprehensive as some reviews had given us the impression that they hadnt had a particularly good time and a few problems. However, on our visit it was fantastic! We were so excited when we pulled up in the taxi outside as it really looks the part with beautiful flowers and a huge austere looking front door. The reception was lovely and we were greeted with a smile and very pleasant staff who explained everything to us about the charges and any other items of concern. The concierge took our bags to our room as we went up in the cute lift! The room was lovely and bright, spotless with everyhting that we needed. The bathroom had a walk in shower and was lovely and warm while the bedroom was nice and cool with AC. However if we wanted we could adjust the temp to whatever we wanted. The bed was so comfy it was hard to get off it to go out! Yes, the rooms are cosy but there is plenty of closet space and bathroom space, a great desk, chairs and tables and the lovely bed. How much space do you need?
We explored the area and could not believe how close it was to Oxford Street, and central areas as it was so lovely and quiet, Marylebone High Street was just round the corner. On our first night we came back really late and asked if room service was available. Although there was no hot food we were offered delicious fresh sandwiches, brought to our door, great at 1.30 am! Served by pleasant and helpful staff.
On our last night we took advantage of the dining room and Cigar Lounge as we were given a discount card for A La Carte Dining (a temporary offer I think).
The two staff Tibor and Adam who looked after us were fantastic. We unfortunately were quite limited in choice from the menu, as they had been busy and it was a Sunday, but Adam recommended other dishes that would be suitable. Tibor took my partner to the Humidor and recommended a lovely cigar after dinner. I have never seen my partner look so relaxed! The food was lovely but the service was outstanding by both of them.
We got a great deal on the room rate, however I would have paid more if I had to, we had such a memorable time. All the staff were lovely, reception, concierge and restaurant, I wish we could afford to go back sooner!!! Thank you to all the staff there. Take on board reviews, certainly but try and make up your own mind, I know we did.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed for one night whilst on a theatre trip and found the whole experience most pleasing from beginning to end.
The service and attentiveness of the staff is first class.
The room was well appointed with a super comfortable bed, seating area, wall mounted flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar and safe. The bathroom was equally well appointed with a super walk-in rain shower.
There is also the benefit of a complimentary left luggage facility.
We didn't avail ourselves of the breakfast as it seemed a little on the pricey side for us but there are plenty of cafes in the area or a near by Tesco should you wish to have a DIY breakfast in your room!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Humacao, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at No. Ten recently. My room, while typical in size for a mid-London hotel, was fantastically updated and comfortable. The bathroom was well planned and appointed. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on and I would go back for that alone - but the service was top-notch, and the food was truly gourmet. The area of Marylebone is great for shopping, strolling and just people-watching. The Baker Street tube stop is nearby. Staff are exceptional and make you feel like you are the most important customer they have. I look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed at this little wonderfull hotel 2 nights in july.

Like other hotel in London small room, but in very good condition.

Very good and attentive service from beginning to finish.

HIGHLY reccomended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Check in early and our room was ready, so we could refresh before meeting friends in the dining room for an earlt dinner with friends. Always found the staff eager, helpful and very attentive.

We enjoyed a 3 course meal, for which we had been given a 20% off voucher on check in, over a leisurely 2hours with friends. Then we retired to the Cigar Lounge for a further few hours chatting, enjoying some fine wine and a cigar.

Later we separate, as we had tickets for legendary magicians, Penn and Teller, at the Hammersmith Apollo. We got back from the show at 11pm and enjoyed a few sandwiches and a beautiful fruit salad from the room service menu.

Compared to other hotels I have stayed at in this area, the price is very similar, but for me, the main advantage is the Cigar Lounge. An absolute must for any cigar lover...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
StefanoLodi, General Manager at No. Ten Manchester Street, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive comments. I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed yor stay at Ten Manchester street Hotel, and our cigar lounge.

I will make sure I will pass on your comments to our members of staff. I look forward in welcoming you back at Ten in the near future.
notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We have just returned from our second stay at No Ten, both times one night stays in London in order to go and see a show. The first time I booked via lastminute for the weekend before Christmas, and got a great value deal as the hotel hadnt been open long. We enjoyed it so much we arranged to stay there again and this time booked direct via their website. Both times we stayed in their standard doubles, which are definitely cosy (had a slightly bigger room this time due it having a bay window) but more than big enough if you're not spending a lot of time in the room, and just want some luxury to come back to at night!

Both times we found the staff polite and friendly, and the decor and standard of the rooms is superb - clean, airy, decorated to a high quality with plush soft furnishings. Breakfast isnt included but is a very high quality, we had eggs and omelete with toast, very tasty, and the freshly squeezed orange jucie was great. The general service and quality of the restaurant was lovely. We havent had chance to sit out on the cigar terrace, but as non-smokers we have never yet noticed even a whiff of cigar or cigarette smoke anywhere in the place. Location - tonnes of restaurants and cafes just round the corner, tube very conveniently close, hotel lovely and quiet both times we stayed.

I couldnt recommend this place highly enough, and am dying to come back and stay in one of their junior suites with a terrace! It definitely is at the higher end of what we can really afford for a hotel, but well worth it for the extra luxury and fab location!

Dear Guest,

thank you for spending some tie writing a review about your stay at Ten Manchester Street Hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed it and I look forward in welcoming you back in the near future. On your review you mentioned about booking a Junior suite with a balcony. I would like to clarify that we have Deluxe rooms with a balcony on the lower ground of the hotel. Our Junior suites don't have balcony I am afraid. I hope this helps when you will call us to make a reservation for a room.

In the meantime, I send you my warmest regards,
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I recently booked a room at this hotel on booking.com. I had prepaid for the room, and understood that if I was to cancel or not turn up, I would not have been entitled to a refund and would have lost all of the money.
I got a voicemail from the hotel on the Friday (when I was due to arrive on the Saturday) to inform me that the hotel was fully booked, booking.com should not have advertised the room, and that they had also charged the wrong rate. The man on the phone then went on to inform me that my money had been refunded, and they would not be providing me with alternative accomodation.
Aside from the obvious organisational issues at this hotel, I was absolutely stunned to be told that I would not be placed elsewhere and unfortunately, it was tough luck. I thought that the least they could have done is just find me another room in a similar style of hotel. As long as it was near a tube, I would have been happy enough. Instead, the hotel and booking.com got into a blame game, claiming the other party was at fault. I explained I didn't really care who was at fault, but I had a busy afternoon in work, and had plans that evening, so didn't really have the time to begin my search from scratch, as per the helpful advice from booking.com.
In the end I cancelled plans with my friends for the evening and stayed home to begin my search again. I booked a room through lastminute.com. When I arrived at this hotel on the Saturday, I was also told that this hotel was fully booked. My heart sank, until the friendly man on reception informed me I would be placed in the superior hotel over the road, and would have a room upgrade, free of charge by way of an apology. The contrast in service was staggering.
I understand that now and again, mistakes may happen with bookings. But when the client is not at fault, and has even paid upfront for the room, I just find it really poor service to be left with no alternative at such short notice.
If you book this hotel online, you may wish to call up to confirm your booking, as they clearly do not check their online bookings regularly enough. If you have a long distance to travel, you may find yourself arriving in London with no where to stay, and this hotel certainly won't help you find a replacement.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment about your experience while making a booking at Ten Manchester street hotel. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. This is not something that we are accustomed in happening and I won't bore you with technical explanations on whos fault was it etc..
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and I hope you will give us another opportunity of showing you we are worth of your patronage. Pleas contact me personally and I will make sure you will remember Ten Manchester Street Hotel for the right reasons.

Yours sincerely,

Stefano Lodi

Been to No. Ten Manchester Street? Share your experiences!